Author Topic: Cheap activity ideas for two teenagers and a baby?  (Read 981 times)

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
Cheap activity ideas for two teenagers and a baby?
« on: March 07, 2007, 14:09:52 pm »
We're going to Scotland tomorrow and we'll try and be out the house as much as possible...

Now... we live in Irvine, Scotland, 2 miles away from the beach...

scotty loves going out, he can walk but mostly loves to sit in his buggy. he is happy anywhere, really.

Sam (15) loves physical activities (competetetive stuff, climbing, hiking, camping) adores anything that has to do with plants and animals (he can distinguish hunners of different kinds of moss and likes beetles and stuff) hates clubbing, pubs or cinema.

Jenn (13) loves hiking, anything to do with history and sights.

Now... we don't have much money but we want to be outside a LOT... Any ideas for fun outside games with the kids?

TIA (I know this is a bit difficult)

Steffi

Offline Karin3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Re: Cheap activity ideas for two teenagers and a baby?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 20:38:35 pm »
It looks like everybody likes hiking.  (I love hiking too!)  You could put Scotty in one of those back carriers and let one of the teenagers carry him.  They might really enjoy that!  Mimi loves it when we put her in the back carrier and go on nature walks.  You might be able to find one pretty cheap on ebay.

You could all go out and kick a soccer/football around.  The bigger kids could teach Scotty and that could be fun.  ;)

I don't know how much they cost but they also sell those little wagons/trailers that hook onto bikes.  When I lived in Eugene, Oregon (US) just about every family had one of these things.  I think you can do seats as well, but I would be more worried about accidents with a seat.
Karin
Stepmom to Caroline, 10 years old