Author Topic: Advice please!!!  (Read 937 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Advice please!!!
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:06:30 am »
My DD has milk, soy and nut protein intolerance. She is exclusively breastfed so I avoid these things in my diet. The last week or more she has been very unsettled particularly at night where she can't fall into a deep sleep and I can hear her stomach bubbling like a cauldron. She wont spend any time lying down on her front or back and cries like she's in pain. She is doing a BM after every feed like a newborn ( though these are normal looking)and has dry patches and a skin rash though these also aren't as bad as they used to be before i went on the TED. Do you think I am eating something with hidden dairy/soy/nuts or is there a possibility she is developing another intolerance to something else? I am starting the TED again today but I am gutted because I thought I knew the extent of the problem now and would hate for the list to keep getting longer.

I would really appreciate any thopught or advice, thanks, Katt
Katt

Offline skatty

• My spirited girl
Re: Advice please!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:21:05 am »
I forgot to add she has been spitting up after every feed again, I don't know how she gains weight because it all seems to come back up! Also when she wakes at night she is crying or creaming and drawing her legs up.
Katt

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:46:51 pm »
It's hard to say for sure so you may have to do TED again and slowly add in again. Also have you considered reflux meds for her? It sounds like she's in a lot of discomfort. Big hugs.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline skatty

• My spirited girl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 13:49:46 pm »
Thank you Karen for your reply. It seems we have found the culprit! The dark choc I have been eating since doing the TED has suddenly got milk powder in the ingredients! I just can't believe it! I only had 3 squares but she just seems so sensitive to dairy. We are having some very dodgy, green slimey nappies with white cottage cheese bits but she doesn't seem to be in so much pain and is sleeping better.

As for reflux meds my HV told me as long as the spitting up doesn't cause her pain (and it doesn't seem to usually) then its best to leave it because all they can offer is gaviscon which means I'll either have to exclusively pump or put her on formula. I'm in Denmark so I don't know if you have different meds in the US?
Katt