Author Topic: Cold meals for 8 month old  (Read 1804 times)

Offline rach

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 322
Cold meals for 8 month old
« on: March 09, 2007, 17:47:17 pm »
I've had a look through the baby food books I've got for meals that can be served cold, but I can't find any.  We're out for the day on Sunday and I'm not sure what to take for Cam to eat.  Any ideas?

TIA xx
Rach xx

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Re: Cold meals for 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:45:09 am »
Ah, I remember it was a bit more challenging to feed DD while we were out and about, back when she was off breastfeeding and slowly transitioning into solids.

I used to cook yams (or sweet potato) and cut them into small pieces which she could eat cold wherever we happened to be. The plus side was that this one one of the less "messy" foods to eat. :-)  We've also done mashed potatoes too.

I'm not sure how far you are into solids, but another thing we carried around was a steady supply of those Gerber fruit/veggie puffs that just melt in the mouth. We moved to Cheerios and Kix later on when she got better with eating solids. We remained on these less-sugary cereals for a while. It's good to know that cereals are vitamin fortified.

Banana was always easily portable. Grapes (peeled and cut into small pieces), strawberries (cut up into small pieces) travelled well also.

Soft noodles with cooked veggies (gotta squeeze them in somehow!) traveled well and could be eaten cold.

Avocado. DD loved avocado, and that traveled well up to a point.

Cheese and yogurt if we knew we'd be serving a short while into our trip.

Rice cakes. Nutrigrain bars.

Yes in the early days of solids, DD didn't get "proper" meals while we were out. But it got much better after she became "fluent" in solids.

Sorry, gotta go eat dinner. I'll post more if I think of anything else...

-Marie

Marie