Author Topic: LO not eating well at all  (Read 1045 times)

Offline cbell

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
LO not eating well at all
« on: March 14, 2007, 23:32:58 pm »
This is going to sound strange in away but I think my baby is sick. The reason I say "I think" is because she is coughing every once in awhile during naps and night times. Along with that she is NOT eating barely anything for the past 3 days. Today (3rd day) was the worst. And she is not taking her bottles very well either. I had her to the doctor today and everything checked out ok, unfortunately I forgot to mention the eating part because there were a bunch of things I was asking. I have been giving her water as well so she is getting plenty of liquids but she used to drain her 7oz bottles plus eat at mealtimes. At suppertime tonight she started to cry when I put her in the highchair. So I thought it might be teething only because she is fussy and I have been expecting teeth for 3 months now, nothing. The only reason I now don't think she is teething is because I have developed a cold. Its not much of anything and for her she shows no symptoms barely so I am finding it so hard to diagnose anything. She is constantly whining and I feel like crying along with her. So she has to be suffering cold symptoms that are just not obvious to me. I should know by now as this is the 5th cold since she was born... sheesh. I am using the vaporizer in her rooms in the evenings to see if that helps. Its been 3 days and I am ready to pull out my hair. What was once a happy baby/mommy is no more.

Should I be concerned at all with her appetite? Please tell me it will come back.

andibig

Re: LO not eating well at all
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:17:52 pm »
How old is your LO??
Sasha had this a few weeks ago.She just completely went off food and liquids.I was struggling to get anything into her!!Then a few days later she uped her liquid intake and after a week she had a MASSIVE growth spurt.
She also had a on/off cough which was worse at sleeping time.Dh then had a cold so that answered that.!!!
i think sometimes they can have colds but not many obvious symptoms (you know like when you have a head cold) and just generally feel just grotty.
we offered things like soup etc as i think her throat may have been sore from the coughing.
HTH

Offline cbell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 14:08:07 pm »
My LO is 11 months old. The funny thing about this whole "experience" is that she is sleeping fantastic at night! I am not complaining about that for sure. And I was thinking today it might be attention but she does the same thing when I pick her up so I am absolutely at a loss. I certainly have a cold and like I mentioned she has no outward signs other than a few coughs throughout the night. I was hoping today would be a better day seeing as it is day 5 of whatever this is. Usually with her colds her worst days are about the first 3 and then its into recovery in every sense of the word. I gave her medicine today to see if it made any difference because I don't want her to be in any pain either... no difference.

She's like light switch... the whining turns off and on I swear.

andibig

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 22:05:16 pm »
hope she feels better soon.sasha slept an awful lot as well.actually managed to get 2 naps out of her one day and that hasn't happened in ages!!!

Offline cbell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 23:08:10 pm »
Update: Went to the doctor again today around 4pm and low and behold she had a little bit of a temperature. Turns out she has a mild case of the croup which I guess is a cold for babies. The things you learn! And this explains a lot because when I took her yesterday it was in the morning and I guess if they have a temperature it occurs later in the day. So I am really hoping tomorrow is a better day for her (and me as I have a cold myself).... sigh.

And another thing, the reason she is sleeping so well is two-fold... the upstairs is cooler which apparently helps, and fatigue is also a sign of croup. How can something so little be so complex!

Anyways here's hoping for a better day tomorrow...

andibig

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 23:14:09 pm »
AWW poor lo and you as well.
forgot to metion sashas was croup as well :-[ :-[.plenty of steam treatment helps (ie running the shower etc) and fresh air as well.

hope you both feel better soon xxx