Author Topic: picky eater  (Read 5823 times)

Offline legend_018

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 23:02:02 pm »
It's penne pasta in a progresso soup can. So what you see is soup. I try other pasta's but she doesn't always like them. this one I've had the most luck with at least recently. Tonight for my dH and me, I made egg noodles mixed with butter and sweet corn that I threw into the mix. I might try that tomorrow. Although I have tried egg noodles today. Although she had already ate, we gave her a piece of corn and she took it out of her mouth. I mean who doesn't like sweet corn? "lol". ahhhhhh. Of course before bed she loved her 8 oz bottle.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline taygensmom

• Showing Appreciation 25
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 23:10:48 pm »
The portion size she ate is fine. LOs have very small portion sizes at her age! Good job on being consistent!

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 10:49:49 am »
My poor LO woke up at 3am really crying for a bottle. not that it's not common for her to getup, although lately she's been doing better and sleeping thru the night. but when she did get up, most nights she would actually wake up in a good mood but still wanted a bottle. last night she was really crying for one. I gave her 4oz mixed with 1oz of water. Todays times will be different too, due to a small afternoon nap and long morning nap yesterday, she didn't fall alseep until 8pm and that mixed with getting up at 3am for a bottle "she went right back to sleep" - she didn't wake up until 7am.

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 13:15:22 pm »
well since she woke at 3am for a bottle, at 7:15am i tried breakfast first instead of bottle. I didn't make any scrambled eggs. Only got her to eat 1/2 containor of yo baby yogurt which was 2 oz. The total containor is 4 oz. She actually had a LITTLE bit more than 1/2 so maybe 2.5oz. It took a few trys to get her to even take one bite. I wanted to wait to see how long she could go before a bottle, but by 8am she realllly wanted one so I gave her a bottle at 8am. I don't think she's going to go down for her nap "which will be around 11am" without a bottle, so I will probably try to ONLY give 4oz to see how that works out. Especially since she had 4oz at 3am and between 5 and 6oz at 8am.

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 21:29:06 pm »
i only gave her 4 1/2 oz before nap around 11am. than she had a 6 oz bottle at around 3pm. we were at the mall and
she had some macaroni as in macaroni salad. ok amount I think. I just tried supper. it's 5:45pm. I got the idea from here. take tortilla and put deli turkey and cheese and melt in oven. She has eating all of these separately. she usually likes stuff with cheese. she had maybe 2 small pieces that I tore off and than wanted nothing to do with being at the table. whining up a storm!!!. I mean usually she'll at least hang out and play. Just kept whining and I tried to give her some small pieces and she just started throwing them to the floor. I don't know if she is in one of her moods like she probably is MOST of the time where she wants a bottle desparately that she'll do without foods, if she isn't hungry or is just being plain picky "lol". No supper tonight I guess. She's sort of playing on the floor now and just recently started crying/whining big time. GOD if this is because she wants a bottle geezzz. It hasn't even been 4 hours since her last bottle and only 5 minutes since I let her down from the table. boy she doesn't know what she's missing by not eating the tortilla sandwich I made for her. 

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 21:41:23 pm »
well she was hungry......drinking a bottle now....typing with 1 hand on couch.
i cant force her to eat and I hate giving in. i almost want to pull a NOPE no bottle
u need to eat. while sitting on my lap I tried giving a few more tortilla/turky/cheese pieces but no luck.
than she got down and started whining real bad. a i finish typing this she is practically done suckin back her bottle

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 16:17:34 pm »
I'm not sure what the deal is with her. She slept thru the night and woke at 6am and between 6 and 6:30 I only gave 5 oz. Around 7:30ish, she had some scrambled eggs. She cried MORE than ever for a bottle at around 9:00am. I only gave her 5 oz. Than she napped and than woke up around 11:45. I was going to sit her down in her chair somewhere between 12 and 1 for lunch. well at 12:15 she was not whining but CRYING and wouldn't stop. I ended up having to give her the bottle I usually give after lunch, however once again it was only 5 oz. but now it's 12:30pm and we have pretty much until bedtime to get her to eat some lunch and supper. if she refuses to eat, eats a little and/or doesn't eat....you know come 3-5 hours from now she'll be very hungry for a bottle.
She's had 15 oz so far today.