Author Topic: Does lactose also contain milk protein???  (Read 1256 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Does lactose also contain milk protein???
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:38:30 am »
I am sure i read they are two different things and MSPI babies are rarely intolerant of lactose. We had a bit of a disturbed night last night which could be due to teething but I also noticed the homeopathic remedy we are using contains lactose. My DD was also teething the previous night and didn't have this  remedy and slept through the night only crying out once, last night I had to go to her at least 6 times and she was kicking her legs up a lot.

Thanks, Katt
Katt

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Does lactose also contain milk protein???
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 15:42:31 pm »
Some MSPI babies have a problem with lactose, although most don't. It could be that - or maybe the chamomile in the remedy? My DD doesn't do well with chamomile (which is really a relative of ragweed) due to allergies.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline skatty

• My spirited girl
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 17:13:08 pm »
Thank you for your reply, you are always so helpful  :)

My DD has had a particularly fussy day with teething today so i think that was the cause of her NW's last night, I didn't give her any pain relief just the teething tablets before bed. Today I have been giving her infant panodil and she still cried during her naps and I can see the white bumps in her gums.
I don't think she does have a problem with lactose as I have had stuff containing it before and there has been no problem. Its very interesting to hear about the chamomile though as here in Denmark they encourage you to give babies chamomile tea so I tried it a few times but she always vomits it up. I presumed it was due to her immature digestive system (she was 3+1 early) but maybe it just doesn't agree with her.

Thank you again  :D
Katt

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 17:32:26 pm »
Thanks for the kind words! The teething can really be bothersome - do you have Motrin/ibuprofen medicines there?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline skatty

• My spirited girl
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 18:23:40 pm »
No but I got some on my last visit to the UK (I'm from London and married to a dane). I always have to stock up on stuff like that because they just don't have it in Denmark. I have to say ibuprofen definitely works better for the teething.
Katt