Poll

sleep problems

run the poll for  days
1 (100%)
show the poll results to everyone
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: He rolls over and doesn't sleep!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline lena

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my little pumpkin!:)
« on: March 21, 2007, 18:50:21 pm »
Hello
I'm the new member,and I was really excited to find this website.English is my second language,so it's a little hard to share what I think sometimes.I read "Secrets of the baby whisperer" when my son was about two months old,and I immediately loved it.I had a pretty bad surgery ten days after he was born,and I couldn't rock him.So he almost has never been rocked.And now he never falls asleep in a car or stroller,or swing,just only when it's time for his nap.Daniel started to sleep trough the night when he was about 10 weeks old but we always woke up during the dream feeding.Finally,we gave up and let him do it.As  a result,he became very attached to his bottle.And he's 6.5 months old now.So about two weeks ago we started p.u/p.d. for him to go to bed.It took us three days to teach him but now he goes to sleep in 5-10 minutes.But he still needs me to stand next to the crib.
And he's never been a very good napper but he usually had one 2 hour nap,and 3 40-minutes naps.But now he has 1.5 hour nap in the morning,and two 40-minutes naps at about 1:30-2,and 5-6.But he always wakes up happy.Sometimes I don't even know that he's awake.He plays on his own in his crib.So do I need to try to make his naps longer now?And also the past few days he rolls over on his tummy,and wakes up because of it.He woke up 7 times last night,and didn't even have a good nap this morning!!!!!And I still swaddle him for the night.I want his sleep back!!!!!!!Help me,please.He's extremely tired today.And me too :)It's been going on for the past few days.And he just needs me to put him back on his back.Thank you!!!!!!a
[url=http://vsdi.net/count][url]

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
Re: He rolls over and doesn't sleep!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 14:15:50 pm »
Hi there,

I had the same problem with my son when he was trying to roll.  He would roll onto his tummy, and then get upset.  This made his naps a mess.  They were getting shorter and shorter (his were down to 30 minutes) and he was so frustrated, upset, sore, etc when it was time for a nap, that he couldn't calm down and rest.

One day I finally decided that he was going to have to learn how to roll.  We practiced, practiced, practiced.  I showed him how to do it on the floor, in his crib, everywhere I could.  Within a few days he finally he got it and did it on his own.  After that it didn't take too long (a day or two) until naps/sleep got back to normal.

My son isn't a good napper either, and when it comes to developmental milestones, he really struggles with naps.  He's 8.5 months now and is trying to crawl, so we're battling short naps again. 

Hang in there!  He'll get it, you'll be so proud, and think he's a genius!!

Cindy

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 23:32:20 pm »
Make sure you give him plenty of rolling time during the day? As for the naps perhaps you need to extend the 2nd awake time to get a longer afternoon nap then you can get rid of the 3rd catnap.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 18:56:52 pm »
lena, how are things going?  Has your little one learned to roll over to his back yet?

Cindy

Offline lena

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 03:06:22 am »
Hello everyone
I'm sorry I wasn't here for a while.We are better.I mean,Daniel sleeps better.But now I got another problem.When we just started to have our problem,my husband and I usually came to him and helped him.Not right away,we usually gave him a few minutes to cry and to try to roll over on his own.But still he learnt that we will come when he cries.Now he rolls over on his back and then just starts crying.He goes on,and on,and on,until one of us comes.He usually wants his binky which he spits up in a minute after he falls asleep.He also wants us to hold his hands.We never pick him up.And it always takes a couple of minutes for him to fall back to sleep.But it drives us crazy already to wake up a few times at night and go to him.What can I do?All my friends tell me to let him cry but I don't want him to feel abandoned.Please,help me!!!!!!!!!I need your advise and your experience :'(

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:11:29 am »
Well, I'm not sure if I am the person to help with this one. 

What would happen if you just walked in, gave him a reassuring pat, popped the paci back in and then walked out?

Offline lena

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 13:53:32 pm »
he usually spits up his binky and starts crying again!He never fell asleep on his own in his little life.Idon't rock or hold him,or anything like that.But he needs me to hold his hands,or at least,stand there,near his crib.I think I still became aprop for him!

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 17:39:24 pm »
Lena,

I'm so sorry, I know how difficult it is when your little one doesn't sleep or sleep well.  That is the hardest thing for me to deal with when it comes to motherhood.

Here is the deal, I mentioned that I may not be the best person to help, because I'm one of those mom's who let my baby cry it out.  That is something this BW does not advocate at all, I know.  I was at wit's end at the time, and had tried everything. 

Hopefully there is someone out there who can help! 

Cindy

Offline lena

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 15:52:58 pm »
Thank you!I hope it will get better when he's older.I tried to let him cry it out once, just because I was too exausted but I just can't do it.And we also live in the appartment,so it's kind of hard when he screams at night.  :)We have two old ladies as the neighbors.I think,a lot of it is my fault because I,probably,caved in with him too quickly,and now he doesn't know how to fall asleep on his own.But I just try to do my best!