Author Topic: From co-sleeping to his own room  (Read 799 times)

Offline Alisonj

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 21, 2007, 20:18:14 pm »
Kaden is 12 months old and I am expecting another baby in May. He has been in our bed for several months and before that was in a playpen in our room. He doesnt even have naps in his crib.
I am ready to make the transition to his crib before the baby comes but I dont know how best to do it. I have tried Pick up put down, and it doesnt work at all. We have also tried sleeping on his floor beside the crib. He gets hysterical the second you put him in his crib.
Can anyone help me on making the transition?

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: From co-sleeping to his own room
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 20:34:22 pm »
I would move a bed into his room and sleep with him in his crib until he gets used to it and then Gradual Withdrawal so that he can get used to sleeping there eventually without you.  I agree that you should do this, not only for your sake, but for his as he will be disturbed when the baby comes along.  It might take a few weeks, but be consistent.  There is a thread about teaching independant sleep in the FAQ section on tis board.

Keep us posted, we will be here for help and support.

Good luck with the new baby.

Offline Alisonj

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 22:41:46 pm »
Thanks for your reply. It is going to be hard because I truly dont mind having him with me but I know that it is going to be too tough soon.