Author Topic: green bm  (Read 1182 times)

Offline leadfqqt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
green bm
« on: March 29, 2007, 01:42:02 am »
SO after many sleepless nights and screaming all day long with gas pains and reflux, i quit bfing and put my dd on good start.  within 24 hours i had a new baby, the gas pains stopped and she was content mostly, she even will sit or sleep in the swing, before i would only get five min in there from her.  Anyways now that she is formula fed her bms have gone from yellow watery paste to dark green slightly formed paste.  sorry tmi, i am just worried that the formula is not settling well with her either.  I thought even with formula her bms should be yellow or orangey colour.  she started formula full time on friday night so i thought if the green bm was just a reaction from a diet change it would be corrected by now.  is this normal? or is she allergic to the formula?  My oldest is allergic to grains and was always constipated and still is most times, good start was the only formula i could give her without a major concern.. all others caused the constipation to be worse.

Jen

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: green bm
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:18:02 am »
My doctors always said not to worry about the color of BM as long as there was no blood or constant mucous present. Additionally, it can take up to 2 weeks for a formula change to fully take affect. But sounds like you're on the right track - good luck!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline donna_issabella

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
Re: green bm
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:13:38 pm »
Samuel's mom has very good websites to visit regarding BM colours on formula. I think the one said BM can be blue/grey in colour!!  :o :o :o

Ask her.  :) She is a breastfeeding mod.

DI