Author Topic: Does your baby lose his/her lovie? What do you do?  (Read 868 times)

Offline traineeparent

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Does your baby lose his/her lovie? What do you do?
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:30:42 am »
My 9 month old DD seems to lose her lovie sometimes.   It's a muslin square about 25cm across.  Sometimes she seems to roll on top of it when she rolls around or wriggles up to the other end of the cot.

I put 2 extra lovies in her cot in case she loses it, but she still manages to lose it sometimes.   Sometimes she wakes crying and DH just goes in and hands her her lovie and she rolls over and goes back to sleep.  Not always though, sometimes she wants a feed. (See other post).

Has this happened to anyone else?  What do you do?

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Does your baby lose his/her lovie? What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 22:09:32 pm »
Thast perfictly normal at her age, she will eventually figure out that its still there even when she doesn't see it.
Kimberly

Offline deenz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 01:01:38 am »
Yes, both my dd's used to lose their lovies.  Eventually I think they get better at holding on to them/keeping track of them (mine both have soft toys as lovies though).  Now I never have to give them back their lovies in the night.

Offline traineeparent

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 21:54:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies.   I might think about upgrading to a soft toy lovie  :) but in the meantime not many night wakings are due to this.   Gosh it would be easier if it were!   ::)