Author Topic: Thumbs up or down for Bumbo seats?  (Read 4591 times)

Offline PuggysMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Thumbs up or down for Bumbo seats?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 17:48:58 pm »
I worry that their little backs will get sore with no support.  Thoughts? 

Offline nona

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 19:02:33 pm »
we have a chunky monkey so we had the spit up problems and the legs were a tight squeeze. it was easier to get him in & out if he had pants or sleeper on. it was really hard for me to pull him out of it though! we just lent ours to a friend. i'm not sure if it would make their back comfortable. i never kept our LO in it for very long. we stopped using it recently b/c he kept arching his back in it and fussing after a few minutes. i assume they'll let us know if something is wrong.

for the next one, we'll definitely get a tray for it.
heather

daybyday

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 19:05:44 pm »
LOVED my bumbo! and our chunky monk did okay in it...legs squeezed and all!

Offline Isabella's Mummy (Lilab4)

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 19:08:33 pm »
We loved ours - used to call it Isabella's burp chair!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline DJs mummy

• Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 20:23:57 pm »
We loved ours - used to call it Isabella's burp chair!

That's funny!

Offline Penut's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Madison
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 21:02:49 pm »
loved the chair...Mads would blurp in it too... but she blurps all the time soooo :o

chair was super convenient for me. she could sit on the counter and watch me cook!
Tiffany
Victoria, BC

Offline Liliben

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 13:05:13 pm »
DS had reflux and bumbo seemed to help the spit up and wind. I could never lay him flat after feeds so this helped. He'd only be in it for 10 mins after a feed and he'd break wind and then the feed would stay down and he didn't seem uncomfortable. He used to take his snacks in it for quite a while (until about 10 months) and we used to take it to the swimming pool with us so that he could sit safely while I got dressed. Great for camping too!

Offline malialeanne

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Really, mom? More pictures?
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 00:17:40 am »
We have one and love it. It's wonderful as a booster seat at restaurants and I sit it on the bathroom counter so she can watch me getting ready. I plan to use this instead of a high chair when we start solids in a few weeks.

We also have the spit up problem so I don't use it immediately after feeding. But, the flip side of that is that it's good for getting out burps. :) Our babe is on the smaller side, I know some have the problem of thighs getting stuck, but that hasn't been a problem for us.

We have the tray too!
Malia

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 20:31:50 pm »
malialeanne, please be careful when putting your daughter on a raised surface when using the bumbo. Alex toppled out of hers, she was about 5.5-6months. (thankfully she was on the floor)   I think that you should only use it on the floor, it says it on the box.  I think that they can be quite dangerous,  she had a nasty bump, it actually said ont he the box that they should be used only onthe floor.  Wouldn't recommend one myself.

Offline malialeanne

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Really, mom? More pictures?
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 21:35:37 pm »
Yes, thanks. I was going to add to my post that I only do that when I'm sitting literally right there and never take my eyes off of her, and now that she's more mobile I plan to keep it on the floor!
Malia

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 22:13:35 pm »
In my own opinion they are a compleat waist of money. I know many mom's who bought them at $80 each and said after they waisted their money on them. Bumbo's are great for helping them sit, but as soon as they move even a little they can be very dangerious. I know one of my friends DS's fell out of it and hit his head, he ended up with a split open head :( needed stitches and all. Don't get me wrong, used the way they're intended most people wont have a problem, but in all fairness they really only get a couple months use at the most anyway.

We had one of those bath rings with the suction cups on the bottom and used it on the floore while we were there. It was only $3 and she used it for baths and on the floore for play. She also couldn't fall out because there was a bar on the front that held her in. She loved it.

Bouncy chairs are a great way for your LO to have a new very, and excersaucers are great when they're older too.

Kimberly

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 01:47:21 am »
I got a bumbo for ds2 and we use it daily.  He maybe spends 15 - 25 minutes in it in total throughout the day.  For those of you with 2 under 2, it has been very convenient. 

And I have to admit that we use ours on our dinner table while we have our family dinner.... but dp and I are both there watching him closely.  He enjoys being close to us while we all eat together. 

The good thing about them is that they have a very high resale value, so you might not lose one penny when you are finished with them.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)