Author Topic: what is in the veggies that is reacting to my son?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline lin7604

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
what is in the veggies that is reacting to my son?
« on: April 12, 2007, 19:12:23 pm »
My ds is 5.5 months and we tried him on rice, oatmeal adn barley cereal and did well.  Then we went a few weeks later and tried sweet potatoes, carrots and yellow wax beans and had reactions to all of them, the only veggie so far he did good with was squash?  why?  what is in the veggies that isn't aggreeing with him?  When he eats it he will get a rash, blochy eczema all over his head anywhere from 15 min to - 2 hrs later.

lilmonkey

Re: what is in the veggies that is reacting to my son?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 19:40:27 pm »
I don't know the answer but could you hold off on the yellow veggies for now and try a few months later?  About about giving him green veggies instead?  I know that dd didn't take well to the sweet potatoes or yams or even carrots until she was well over 18 mos.  Even now, dd still prefers green veggies to the yellow ones.  Hope you find the answer. 

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 21:07:40 pm »
my 20 month old has multiple  reactions  to a variety of fruit and vegtables.the only thing i have found is to introduce 1 new food every 2/3 days and see how it goes.it is trial and error.a thing i found helpfull was finding out which vegtables were related to each other eg.nightshade ,mustard etc .this may help........jenny
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 12:45:34 pm »
thanks, i just didn't know if i should stop all together or keep trying adn the ones he reacts to, onit for a while and re try in a few months.  I did try pears yesterday and all went well, so now i atleast have 2 items to feed him!  I will try apples in a few days, then bananas, peaches and then go back to veggies and do peas, and green beans.

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 14:05:15 pm »
good luck it is a bit of a mine field,i also do food diaries so i can look back on things and see a pattern..........jenny
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05