Author Topic: when to try reg formula from lactose free?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline lin7604

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
when to try reg formula from lactose free?
« on: April 13, 2007, 13:28:39 pm »
My ds has a lactose sensitivity as he gets it from me, i am lactose intollerant.  He was on soy and others for a bit but the lactose free formula worked best, should i try reg formula soon?  or should i just wait till he will be intoducing to cows milk and slowly into him into tat.  i just don't want to mess with his system anymoe if i don't have to plus he has never been a good sleeper and i don't want the nights disutbed more with a upset tummy.  when do most do the switch?  he is 5.5 month.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: when to try reg formula from lactose free?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 17:13:54 pm »
No rush at all - personally I'd wait until at least 9 months probably and then try really slowly.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 17:25:11 pm »
do you think i should even bother then and around 10 months start a very gradual intro to cow's milk at that point.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 18:05:11 pm »
Why cow's milk at 10 months? I wouldnt' start that until a year, particularly since you cite a family history of intolerance.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline lin7604

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 22:47:50 pm »
well not full blown cow's milk but just to keep him on the lactose free and at 10 months just gradually have a oz or two a day until he is a year and then ease him on if more heavily.  that way his system has has little by little to get used to it.  Then i would also know if that a oz or two effects him then we will have to have lactose free milk or soy milk instead at a year.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 02:29:10 am »
If it were me I'd wait until 9 months to try regular formula and transition over slowly. If all goes well I'd transition slowly to whole milk at a year.