Author Topic: Angry red rash with raised white spots!!  (Read 2895 times)

Offline misswibbs

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:48:03 am »
Hi my DS has just had a reaction to cow's milk  :'(  and although I'm taking him to the doctors I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this kind of reaction. He has come out in an angry red rash with raised white spots all over his chin. Nowhere else on his body. He seems fine in himself and has had no pain or funny poos although we've been battling hard poos since we started him on solids. He's 8 months and was weaned at 6 months.. am still BF. It seems to be where the food smeared on his face and beyond so am not convinced it's a contact allergy. Has anyone else had this?? (This is the first time he's had cow's milk)

Thanks for any support and help with this.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 20:15:49 pm by misswibbs »

Offline mcruari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
Re: Angry red rash with raised white spots!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:54:50 am »
Sorry, no advice as I thankfully have not had allergy problems. The only thing that jumped out at me was the fact that you started on cow's milk pretty early. Did your Dr. say you could? AS far as I know, they tend to advise you to start cow's milk around the 12mth mark and not before for allergic reaction purposes.

Hope everything goes OK at the dr.s :-*
Sinéad

Offline misswibbs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 09:29:22 am »
Well we've been told that it's ok to cook with cow's milk and use it on cereal (I'm in the uk) but it's not ok to give as an alternative to breast milk or formula. So I tried it with his porridge instead of my milk. Think I'm just going to hold off on all dairy until he's a year. Phoned my health visitor and she said to go see the doctor. He may say hold off or send him for an allergy test.  I don't know. Everyone says different things. Originally I was going to wait until 12 months until my friends were saying they were using cow's milk on cereal and giving yoghurts and cheese etc... thanks for your help anyway  ;)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:24:41 am »
I would definitely hold off on further use of cow's milk until one year. How quickly did the spots go away? Did they seem to bother him?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 13:01:03 pm »
I would not give any more dairy until at least 12 months now. When you do decide to try it again I would take it very slowly.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline misswibbs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 18:22:50 pm »
The spots appeared within 10 mins and had disappeared within 45 mins. Poor little fella. I agree.. I won't try any more dairy at all until he's over a year. Thanks for your help.

Oli's mum
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 20:15:12 pm by misswibbs »