Author Topic: STILL on pureed fruit!  (Read 1383 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
STILL on pureed fruit!
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:31:32 am »
hmmmm this is a tough one, I personally don't have a prob with DS eating only purred fruit (any fruit, he LOVES it) but he IS 18 mos :o :o :o I have tried numerous suggestions, rolling the fruit in crushed cereal etc but he's one stubborn little guy. I'm thinking maybe when he goes to nursery in September he'll watch and learn from others? Any thoughts?

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: STILL on pureed fruit!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:38:40 am »
Woo still adores his pureed fruits - he's a fruit a holic!

As for other fruits he prefers the soft ones so he can have it in small pieces and can just pop them into his mouth and chew a little bit before swallowing. He loves rapsberries and pieces of strawberry, tiny pieces of melon and kiwi. He also likes small pieces of tinned pear and tinned peach.

He won't eat the fruit if its in big chunks and he has to bite pieces off it and prefers not to have hard fruits like apples. He's still teething so I don't blame him.

Have you tried soft tinned fruits in small chunks??

Don't worry about this Michelle, like most things with our LOs they get there in the end and yes he will probably copy other children when he gets to nursery.

H xx

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:42:59 am »
Thanx Helen for the reassurance! No way would he pick up a piece on apple and eat it, havdnt thought of the canned stuff, maybe it is an issue with the biting into it and having to hold it in his hand, he doesnt seem to like this ::) Maybe with the canned fruit i can feed him (which he likes ::)) thanx for the tips. Will Woo hold fruit in his hand?

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 08:47:12 am »
No Woo won't eat apple because its hard.

He will pick up pieces of tinned fruit from a bowl and pop them in his mouth so I drain all the juice off them so its not too messy and easier to pick up.

Does Thomas finger feed with other things?? If he does I think I would regularly pop him some pieces of tinned fruit (the sort in juice not syrup) onto his tray and let him experiment with them.. maybe you could pop one into your mouth and say yum yum or something to show him what to do and encourage him to try to do it himself. If you keep spoon feeding him with it he's not going to get used to the texture and feel on his fingers and the idea that he has to pop them into his mouth.

He will get there xxxxx

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 08:57:24 am »
You're right. Yes he eats most other stuff independently and spoon feeds himself pasta and stuff. its just the fruit and soup that I do but you're right, I'm prob reinforcing the fruit thing but spoon feeding him

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 17:46:55 pm »
Ok well dd is 2 years and 7 months and still on pureed fruit  :o  It's the only way I can get it into her. I puree it, freeze in ice cube trays and add to natural yogurt. The only fruit she will eat for me are raisins and I keep them as a treat. She will however eat fruit at preschool ( Little Madam). They have to bring a small piece of fruit and have fruit time where it's all put on a big communal plate and they share from it. She wont have much and only apple or pear but she will at least taste it there, oh and she never eats the fruit I send with her:

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 17:53:58 pm »
thanx fiona, very reassuring!

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:13:20 am »
The only way i can get DD to eat fruit is to mix the puree fruit into her cereal she won't even eat it on its own >:(I have tried so many different fruit and even mixing it with custard which she loves won't eat it.
It is frustrating as she is such a great eater otherwise but i have stopped worying about it now as i am sure it is something she will outgrow soon enough.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

binxyboo

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 02:25:45 am »
Riley is almost 21 months, and I would say most days he has a jar of pureed fruits or veggies. Even though he loves the real deal, he still enjoys the purees, esp on fussy eating days.

daybyday

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 03:58:05 am »
One more to add...DS LOVES all fruit...but still gets REALLY excited for things like apple sauce and pureed peaches etc...He was about 21 months the first time he chose to eat an apple (no cutting or anything!) but that was only because he saw his two older boy cousins doing it....Some days it's hit or miss...

Although I must say...I love my melon cut up into finger sized bites and PASS THE APPLESAUCE any day! ;) ;D

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 19:37:54 pm »
Bram still eats pureed fruit everyday and Ewan did too for as long as he would let me feed it to him ;D.  I wouldnt worry about  it.  Just keep offering the "real" thing now and again and he will eventually try it. ;D