Author Topic: Not eating much at breakfast ... any thoughts, suggestions  (Read 727 times)

Offline AZMOM

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Not eating much at breakfast ... any thoughts, suggestions
« on: April 24, 2007, 17:06:12 pm »
Hi ladies!  DS is almost 17 months old and has been and still is a great eater.  Lately(around the past week and half) he hasn't really been eating much breakfast.  He does keep asking for more and more milk throughout our breakfast though.  All other meals and snacks he has been eating great.  We are just having breakfast issues.  Currently our routine looks something like this for the morning:

7:00/7:15am wake up and gets a drink of milk in his sippy approx. 4 ozs.

7:45/8:00am - breakfast  Usually he gets fruit(banana, pear, strawberries,or whatever I may have on hand)
                                   and cereal or oatmeal.  Sometimes a piece of toast too. He also gets about another
                                   4/5 ozs. of milk in his sippy.

Today and yesterday he only took about 2 bites of cereal and nothing else just wanted his milk.  Over the past month he decided he doesn't like waffles or pancakes anymore so that is why he mainly has cereal or oatmeal.  Occasionally he may have yogurt as a breakfast item too.   I try to change it up and add a little variety now and again. I am just stumped as to why breakfast is the only meal he doesn't really want to eat.
 I have tried giving breakfast later but I really haven't seen much of a change.  I know he is also getting some teeth too.  Not sure if that is part of the problem or if this may be a phase he is going through!?!?!   ANy thoughts or suggestions let me know.  Thanks!

Lisa
Lisa, mom to
Hayley 06-04-02
Garret 11-30-05

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Not eating much at breakfast ... any thoughts, suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 17:18:40 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't stress about it since you say his other meals and snacks are good. Some LOs (and adults for that matter) just aren't into breakfast. Mine is the same way. She also has 4 ounces (tops) milk upon waking and then breakfast 30-45 minutes later. You can try offering breakfast before/with milk too - that works for some (although not for us). And/or you can try offering a smoothie (milk with yogurt and fresh fruit blended in) for breakfast instead of plain milk.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01