Author Topic: Help with SUPER short naps! 22 minutes long  (Read 834 times)

Offline KFG

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help with SUPER short naps! 22 minutes long
« on: April 26, 2007, 01:58:22 am »
I am new to this board but was hoping you all could help me...

DD is almost 7 weeks old and is doing well with EASY.  My biggest problem is that she doesn't sleep much during the day.  She has reflux so in the beginning she would only sleep if she was held.  Now she is on Prevacid and can be laid down.  Her naps, though, are only 22or 23 minutes long.  Every time! 

She eats every three hours (6am, 9am, 12 noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, midnight, 3am). 

It takes her 30 minutes from the time we see the first sleep cues to get her to a semi-sleep state to lay her down.  At night we can always lay her down awake and she falls asleep on her own.  During the day, we need to get her into a more sleep-like state to get her to stay asleep.  When we get her to sleep for a nap, she only naps for 22 or 23 minutes.  It's like clockwork, I've just noticed this week.  And then she doesn't wake up as happy as she does in the morning - because she's not well rested.  I've tried putting off her nap until a little later, but then she is overtired.  After she wakes up, I can settle her back down but it's usually 30 minutes to the next feeding time that she won't go to sleep unless I am holding her.

i don't think she's overstimulated.  I try to keep everything low key.  She naps where she sleeps at night.  We play the same music.  I try to keep it the same since she is such a good sleeper at night.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give me!
TIA!!

Offline KFG

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help with SUPER short naps! 22 minutes long
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 02:13:05 am »
She starts her first cue about an hour and a half after beginning to eat.  So when she eats at 12, she shows her first sign of sleepy at 1:30 but then will take until almost 2 sometimes to fall asleep.  So do you think I should take her to bed at about an hour after eating?  That would only give us 30 minutes of activity...

Offline KFG

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help with SUPER short naps! 22 minutes long
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 02:45:41 am »
This is my first day here so I will have to head on over to check them out.  Thanks for your help!  I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...