Author Topic: Naps getting worse! guidance needed  (Read 5513 times)

Offline RACHPEM

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2007, 13:09:27 pm »
Me again, I am finding I can put Maya in her crib now most of the time, and she will settle ok, without shh pat, but will stir at 45mins, if i am going in again at 30 mins and helping her through the next cycle, will she ever learn to get through this on her own? as we have now been consistently doing for 5-6 days and she still needs that help at that mark, i am just worried she will expect me to help her always, what do you think?
does pu/pd help them to sleep independently with more success?

Offline malialeanne

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Really, mom? More pictures?
Re: Naps getting worse! guidance needed
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 19:51:44 pm »
Hi there. Glad she is learning to go down on her own! That's AWESOME!!!! ;D

As long as A times are appropriate she WILL learn to get through the nap on her own. Trust me. For us it took about six weeks, so hang in there. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long for you! But nap extension techniques don't become props very often because long naps are more related to developmental age and A times than independent sleep. Make sure her A times aren't too short--you don't want her to be overtired but as I've said before she does need to be tired enough to take a good long nap. Waking at 45 minutes can be caused by many things but too-short A times can be one culprit. Putting her down too early could result in shorter naps, and more and more tiredness throughout the day.
Malia

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 18:43:30 pm »
Well, it has all gone pear shaped!! Maya has been really unwell with a viral infection, and so have I, so I have made the ultimate error of having her sleep with me, I have just felt so off the hooks I have not had the energy to stand over her cot, at least this way we both managed to get some sleep! but now i need help on putting it right. we are also going away on weds so that will mess us up even more, so i need a plan for when we get back!!