Author Topic: Breakfast?  (Read 1260 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Breakfast?
« on: April 29, 2007, 18:03:24 pm »
What do you LOs eat for brekkie? MY DS has his dinner in the evening, wakes before 7 usually and wil nibble maybe 2 cheerios at that time :o How can he not be hungry???? I wolf my breakfast down! he may have a few sips of juice and then at 9 he has a yoghurt which he enjoys but man, the kid can go a long time without food!! he eats relatively well at other meals and has a pm snack of yoghurt. SO far I have offered: porridge (hated it) toast (will take a few bites) Cheerios (use dto eat a bowl of now just a few) biscuits (not interested) milk (refuses) made him a fruit and milk shake this am (yuk!)
Any suggestions?

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Showing Appreciation 174
Re: Breakfast?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 18:26:26 pm »
Well, breakfast is only time i get DS to eat nowadays ::)
So it is mostly porridge with yogurt and some cheerios or eggs.
What time is dinner`?
My DS usually has dinner around 5 or 5.30pm and breakfast around 7am. So it is about 14 hours without food :o I have tried to make him eat later too but no go
~Efka~

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 18:39:57 pm »
dinner is 6.15 usually

lilmonkey

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 19:07:14 pm »
DD is also not a big breakfast eater she used to take about 1 cup of dry Cheerios and 4 oz of milk.  She wakes at around 7 am and doesn't really want to eat until closer to 8:30 am.  What I end up doing it give her some milk to hold her over till then.  Her last meal is usually at 5 pm (dinner) or 6:30 pm (snack while we have dinner).  Could you maybe wait to give him his breakfast?

Offline jumblebox

• Lisa (Rilen's mom)
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • water fun!
    • RilenBlog
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:31:20 am »
DS has to be up about an hour, before he eats much of anything. Has been that way pretty much since newborn.

Breakfast M-F is milk in sippy, cereal (either dry, or w/milk, or oatmeal/porridge) and fruit. LOVES fruit for breakfast. Occasionally peanut butter on toast or bagel. Occasionally, fruit & yogurt. Rarely, eggs. (Only seems to like them if I mix in chunks of broccoli & onion, and lots of cheese.) On weekends, likes pancakes or M-F stuff, but will eat what we're having (omelets or such) if we go out for breakfast. Apparently, diner/restaurant food tastes better.  ::)

TBH, I never feel like eating until I'm up at least a couple hours... regardless of how long since I last ate.
- Lisa (37)
DP=darling boyfriend/partner=Shane (26)
LO/DS= Rilen Christopher (Spirited: 3/21/06)
St Louis, MO US

binxyboo

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:49 am »
Yet again we have something in common!

I cannot wait to eat in the morning, Riley needs a good hour, hour and a half of playing before he is ready to eat anything at all. I have just learned to go with it. He eats eventually, which is the main thing for me.

lilmonkey

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:47:25 am »
It does have some advantages to have our los not want to eat right upon waking as you can take your time getting breakfast ready and to fully wake up in my case.   ;)  Of course the downside is we can leave the house til after 9:30 am - don't know how I'm going to mange this if dd has to be in preschool by 8:45 am in Sept.

BTW, it is comforting to know that there are other los how do the same thing as dd.

Offline yaya

• BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:29 am »
very comforting!
well DS has always refused milk from a sippy (well milk in general) and today he took a sippy full of milk for brekkie :o I will never figure him out!

Offline jumblebox

• Lisa (Rilen's mom)
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • water fun!
    • RilenBlog
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 02:28:01 am »
Oh, yeah... Stacy's post reminded me...
The ONE thing we can count on DS to eat in the morning is BANANA.

Daddy starts peeling it & takes the first bite, then holds the banana & offers DS a bite... and sometimes Daddy only gets ONE bite of banana.  :)

"Banana Bites" are the other favorite way for DS to eat banana.
I toss some bran flakes (or whatever cereal we have that's well fortified) in the blender, then add some vanilla flavored whey powder & a little cinnamon. Use that as a coating for slices/half-slices of banana. (The whey powder is because I have a big cannister from when I ate smoothies all the time... and it's full of added vitamins/minerals. I keep a bunch of the "coating" in a bag, and just use what I need.)
- Lisa (37)
DP=darling boyfriend/partner=Shane (26)
LO/DS= Rilen Christopher (Spirited: 3/21/06)
St Louis, MO US

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 05:08:03 am »
Crumpets and fruit are a favourite in our house usually follwed by a yogurt. My dd does not really like cereal anymore so I don't push it. She has been known to have a ham and soft cheese sandwich for breakfast because that is what she has fancied.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker