Author Topic: Isolated rash on face? Allergy?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline annary

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thomas Lars - slippery when wet.
Isolated rash on face? Allergy?
« on: May 02, 2007, 19:36:22 pm »
Hello, my lo is 16 months old and has had no problems with food allergies. He has over the past weeks a red rash on his cheek. Three spots ,about 5 mm in diameter, of dry irriated skin. There are no other patches of t anywhere else on his body. It doesnt seem to worry him but it does look pretty inflamed. I have been giving him full fat milk in cereal and cooking for some time. As for new food,  there is nothing I can think of.....is this an allergy of some sort? He is teething at the moment , but he didnt get any rash when his first teeth came out so why now?Anyone else with sort of thing? Is it another skin complaint? Any tips for products for this kind of thing? Many thanks in advance, Anna

Offline Jimbob

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Isolated rash on face? Allergy?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 10:08:54 am »
It is possible it could be eczema. Some do only suffer from small patches. Have you tried applying anything to moisturise it to see if that helps?

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 11:23:00 am »
My DD gets small patches of excema near her mouth when she's teething badly. We LOVE the Aveeno cream here - that says soothing relief or something like that (it's in DD's room right now and she's sleeping or I'd check). It has a dark blue cap. I also use their bath wash.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline annary

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thomas Lars - slippery when wet.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:43:31 am »
Brilliant. thanks I will try to source cream. I live in Germany, so products are not as plentiful (choice wise) as in the uk, and more than likely the States. Ill go to chemist and check it out. Will also try to get magic cream, ointment, potion, or spell to make him less of a crazy cat at 5.30 am!Darned teeth- why couldnt they be born with them ;) ;)