Author Topic: 8 month old on 4 hour plus activity time..is this ok?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Clarepie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
8 month old on 4 hour plus activity time..is this ok?
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:27:05 am »
Hi,
My LO is coming up to 8 months..next week.For about 3 weeks,she has gradually been extending her awake time,so now she is on about 4 hours 10 mins,this is after waking in the morning,then after her morning nap.Much as I love her being able to stay awake longer,I'm concererned she's not getting enough sleep during the day.She gets about 1 and half hours,sometimes more in the morning,then between 3/4 and 1 Hour between 4 and 5.If I put her down earlier,I go by her cues,not the clock,then she wakes after 40 mins.She sleeps well at night,wakes usually between 6 and 7.She goes to bed at 7.I've looked at the awake times for each age,and she's obviously staying awake longer than the average awake time for her age.Is her daytime sleep ok,I had to wake her this morning,as she would have only had an hour nap after 4 hours or so awake from 11 to 12.Should I just stop worrying and just accept she's happy on this routine.Any advice..thanks.

Clare

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 8 month old on 4 hour plus activity time..is this ok?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 00:54:50 am »
I would say that as long as she's sleeping ok at night and napping well, I wouldn't worry about it.  The averages are just that, averages, and every baby is different.  If it makes you feel any better, I can't get my dd2 down for a nap in the afternoon after anything less than 3 hours of A time, though she barely makes it 2 in the morning.