Author Topic: Incontinence and bumpy rash  (Read 2480 times)

Offline ~S~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 17:01:09 pm »
What we have done is completely avoiding the three big offensive foods, totally and have added a fourth, so now it is corn strawberries apples and now eggs.  We went out of town and I asked at restaurants for to make sure there wasn't corn, the other two are more obvious.  Also not giving her eggs, by themselves (finally figured out they give her diarrhea), but her poop was still very soft.  We avoid gluten, but it seems that if she has something with gluten in it every few days she does alright, so we avoid it but at times we have given her a  flour tortilla or a cookie (corn free are hard to find though), well my dh gave did it and she did alright so, not every day, but every once in a while seems alright, but since corn syrup is in almost everything with gluten in it, it isn't hard to avoid the gluten.  So the we had to be gone out of town from Friday-Wed.  She only had one accident (a poop accident) from Friday-Tuesday evening  That is when I gave her Benedryl, b/c while we were driving she was crying and crying, her nose was running and she sounded sick (later figured out it was a molar breaking through and crying made her sound sick).  We had stopped she had used the potty and then I gave her the medicine, with in a couple of minutes she had an accident and then several more after that with in just a few minutes.  I didn't even think of looking at the ingredients on the medicine.  I try not to give her much medicine, but she seemed so miserable, so I didn't think about it.  So now I am reading all ingredients lists, and if I don't know what it is I assume it is made from corn.  Also since being so careful her bumps seem better, not gone, but better, and her poops are actually firm consistently except for after the Benedryl or when I gave her an egg.  We have had to travel alot for my dh's doctor appointments, and it is very hard to start eliminating food while on the road, which I'm sure most people on the food allergy board know that :P eating out or on the go is so hard but getting easier, so I haven't done the total elimination, more of a process of elimination.  I think it would've been better to do the total elimination diet, but you know should've, would've, could've seems to be my life.  Any insight or guidance will be happily accepted.  I hope this makes sense, and the run on sentences don't make it to hard to read.  Thanks for asking.
~S~

lo1 3/99
lo2 9/05

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Incontinence and bumpy rash
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 21:10:44 pm »
I agree that it does sound different and its not the forst time I have heard of this issue being a sign of a food allergy. I am glad you are figuring it out and just wanted to say that it is not always practical to opt for an elimination diet. I hope things continue to improve and I am sure it will get easier.

Kelly

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline ~S~

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 22:00:30 pm »
How true, practicality does not always allow for what would be best or easiest in the long run. 
~S~

lo1 3/99
lo2 9/05