Author Topic: red under eyes?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline katemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
« on: May 09, 2007, 14:03:56 pm »
Hi,

I don't really suspect an allergy, but I don't know what else this could be.  My 6 month old dd has red under her both of her eyes, with a little puffiness, but not much.  She's been eating rice cereal for 3 weeks, and then I introduced oatmeal 2 days prior to her new red skin, so don't really know if its related since it showed up days later.  Nothing else has changed in her diet - she is mainly bottlefed with formula.  Anyway, just wanted to pose this question here just in case it was related to allergies...

thanks,

katemom

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: red under eyes?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 15:13:33 pm »
Could be from the oatmeal but could also be seasonal allergies. I'd probably eliminate the oatmeal and see if it clears up and then you can always try again. What brand of oatmeal was it?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline katemom

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 15:33:05 pm »
It was Gerber brand Oatmeal.  The last time I gave it to her was 3 days ago, how long might it take to clear up if it was from the oatmeal?  If it is seasonal allergies, should I see other symptoms like sneezing or runny nose to indicate that is what it is?  She has been rubbing her eyes a little, maybe they are itching, which I think can be a symptom of seasonal allergies?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: red under eyes?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 15:50:32 pm »
Gerber does have soy products so it could be that. But I'd think if it were from the oatmeal it would clear up within 24-28 hours after last having it. Seasonal allergies can take many forms - you don't have to have sneezing or runny nose - red itchy eyes could be her main symptom(s).
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline katemom

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 18:15:06 pm »
Thanks for your help.  I'll continue to watch it, but it does sound likely that it is seasonal allergies.  I've never had them so I didn't think of it - but my husband has trouble with them.  Anyway, thanks again for suggesting that possibility.

katemom