Author Topic: Play Dates  (Read 984 times)

Offline BlessedKylie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Play Dates
« on: May 09, 2007, 21:26:35 pm »
I am hosting my very first play date. The date is with two woman I met through our local Mom's club (so I don't know them very well). They both have daughters that are my daughter's age, but they both also have older siblings (one is 3 and the other is 4 - our LOs are 10 months).

Since I've never done this before, I'm not sure what I should have on hand. Since my DD is only 10 months, I don't have toys that would be fun for older kids. I thought about getting some bubbles and sidewalk chaulk to have on hand as well as some juice boxes, but I am still a bit worried the older ones will get bored. Is this something the other moms should be taking into consideration? They both know that I only have the one young one. I think if it were me in the opposite position, I would bring something for my older child, but that's just me...

Any ideas? :-\

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Play Dates
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 23:14:56 pm »
imo, i do not think you need to worry about stocking up on snacks/drinks for the older kids; most moms should just bring that.  (you also never know if the mom does not want kids to have juice either)

it might be nice if you got some chalk or bubbles (love playing outside!) - good fallback plan.  but honestly, i know my kids love playing with any toys that are new & different, regardless of intended age.  ;)

hope you all have a great time! :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline hawkeye1315

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 13:40:03 pm »
If it's a rainy day, you can also record an age appropriate 30min TV show that the older kids can watch during the playdate.