Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1203 times)

Offline babyhopes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:11:39 pm »
I am new to this forum and would really like some advise. My baby is nearly 10 months and the other day whilst having his lunch he got really uspet and when i got him out of his highchair he was really hot so i took his temp and it was high so i took off his clothes and sponged him down and really quickley he was covered in a rash i called 999 and when they got here his face had swelled up a lot. In the ambulance he was really sleepy. At hospital they said they suspected a food allergy. Thankfully he came round on his own and they gave him some pirioton and the rash went. They sent him home and that was that. I took him to a private hospital yesterday and they are going to do some blood tests in a week. I am so frightened of it happening again i am going out of my mind with worry. The only new things he had eaten were baked beans which he had once before and a tiny taste of strawberry jam (he has had strawberrry yogurts in the past and been fine). I am just so worried as he still does not seem 100% and does not seem as keen on his food as before.  :(

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 16:59:43 pm »
Aw lovey xxxx

If I were you I would avoid the beans and the strawberry jam for a while but it might not necessarily be those that he is allergic to as sometimes allergies appear on the second time that something is eaten and not the first.. the first time sensitises them and the second time the reaction occurs. xxx

When I was little I had a massive allergic reaction to some orange jam in a chocolate cake - which I'd eaten before. I am allergic to fruit acids and cant have lemon, melon, grapes and some other fruits.. and can't have lots of fruit sweets.. especially pear drops as they are acidic and have the fruit acids in them.

Have you got some antihisthamine in the house just in case?? So you can give it at the first sign of anything happening. My son is allergic to potato and to egg and I keep piriton syrup in the house just in case so I can catch the reaction and get it calmed down sooner.

Don't panic.. he might just feel a little sensitive since the incident. It took my son a little while to get his confidence back after his reaction.

I hope you get some reassurance at the hospital xxx
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 17:01:37 pm by Ennypen »

Offline babyhopes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 19:57:47 pm »
Thank you for replying to me. I have got some of the piriton syrup at home now and i am keeping some with me when i go out. I just cant beleive how scary it was and really hope the blood tests give me some answers.

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 20:14:54 pm »
I understand xxx I posted a picture of my son when he first had his allergy to potato.. i was in pieces as I bet you were.

The blood tests should help xxx

H x

Offline Ennypen

• My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:39:31 am »
Thanks for your pm xxx

I am happy to share the pic of Will with his allergic reaction.

If you have a read through this post you will find the picture of William... about 20 minutes after taking piriton as his rash and sweling was getting better...

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=89179.15

When he first showed symptoms it sounds just like what your little one had.

Big hugs xxxxxxx

While I remember have a look at this thread which I wrote for the health and medical board about childrens allergies.. it could be useful to you xxx

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=65014.0