Author Topic: Is there a way to avoid AP on vacation?  (Read 892 times)

Offline babyre33

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Adalyn & Andrea
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:06:23 am »
In July dd and I will be visiting my family for 1 week.  We will be staying in a one room cabin, just her and I.  We will be camping.  She'll be sleeping in the pack and play (portable crib) which she does when we visit other homes.  But I can't just put her in and leave, she's of course scared and unsure of what's going on.  I end up having to put my hand on her back until she starts to drift off.

With the cabin, it willmake it difficult for me to leave the with squeaky doors, floor boards, etc.

ANy ideas on how to get her closer to herself at sleep tiem?  I mean being able to make her feel comfortable and safe to where i can put her down, walk out, etc.  SHe'll be 14 mo by the way

scarlettsmom

Re: Is there a way to avoid AP on vacation?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 00:45:03 am »
Hi,
Can you make sure to give her a "tour", point out everything, spend time in the cabin before her first nap/bedtime, let her get acclimated?  Then make sure that she has her lovey, blanket, all the things she uses like normal at home?  Whenever we travel I always try to take an UNwashed crib sheet w/me so that it smells all good and familiar to DD.   Also - can you put a piece of your clothing in w/her?  So that she has all the good mommy smells around? :)  Keep to nap and bedtime routine (i.e, bath, book - whatever you do ). 

These might be obvious - but this is what we do when we travel, and it works very well.

Good luck - and have fun, the cabin sounds great!

Tari