Author Topic: Easy/quick breakfast idea  (Read 747 times)

Offline maggie2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Easy/quick breakfast idea
« on: May 17, 2007, 00:32:37 am »
Just wanted to share - I've been trying out the whole "make ahead and freeze" thing for breakfast foods, and have found it to work out soooooo well!!!! 

I have a big stash of homemade, whole wheat pancakes in the freezer and all I do is take one out in the morning, pop it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds to defrost, and then put it in the toaster oven.  Sometimes, the microwave isn't even necessary if the pancakes are thin enough (but my most recent batch are "Johnny Cakes" that have cornmeal - so a bit thicker).

What I do is make a double batch when I get time, and then put all the pancakes into a freezer bag (or 2!) with little squares of wax or parchement paper in between to prevent them from sticking together.  So much cheaper and healthier than the store-bought frozen waffles, and so easy on those mornings when you don't have time to really prepare much.

anyway, just wanted to share - I've done this with pancakes, waffles, banana bread and they all have turned out wonderfully.  They get a bit crisp and yummy in the toaster oven. ;D

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
Re: Easy/quick breakfast idea
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 04:19:59 am »
Thank you.  That sounds fantastic.  Now to find the time!!

You are getting a great head start in preparing for your new little one I suppose. 

Happy 36 weeks!

Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.