Author Topic: mealtime problems with 14 month old  (Read 820 times)

Offline h33na

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 17, 2007, 13:11:08 pm »
Hi

My 14month old son is refusing to eat any meals and is living on yoghurts and fruit purees. As soon as I put him in his high chair he clamps up his mouth and pushes the spoon away. When I give him finger food he just throws it everywhere and it's driving me mad as it's been going on for a week now. He does  however drink 3 7oz bottles of milk a day with no trouble. Also I do not give him any snacks in between. I am trying a variety of foods both homemade and jars and until now he was a very good eater.

I have tried reading stories, different toys, singing etc to distract him and get him to eat but nothing seems to work. I know this could just be a phase but it's really getting to me.

I know he must be a little hungry as if I gave him some crisps or a biscuit he'd happlily eat it.

Does anyone out there have any advice as for the last couple of days he's going to bed with just some milk in his tummy and waking at 5am screaming with hunger.

Thanks

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Re: mealtime problems with 14 month old
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 17:40:29 pm »
Could he be teething?  Have you tried harder finger foods?

Or what about letting him sit on your knee and eat from your plate? 
You could also try cutting back an oz in his bottles, so he's having 3 x 6oz a day, but I don't think that will make a huge difference. Mine are 2 and still on 3x6oz a day!!  :-[
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)