Author Topic: Egg Allergy Woes  (Read 1670 times)

Offline nursekat

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
« on: May 19, 2007, 17:06:25 pm »
Just gave dd egg for breakfast for the first time today, she broke out in hives all over her head and body, lucky me it's Saturday.  Anyway gave her Benadryl, she projectile vomited out all the egg an hour later.  :(  She's congested and coughing, and I am keeping a close eye on her breathing.

Just bummed that I have an allergy kiddo now, feeling bad I gave her eggs (I know I know it's not my fault but I can't help it).

She's had lots of things with eggs in the ingredients before (bread, waffles, etc.) - can the allergy just be to large quantities??

binxyboo

Re: Egg Allergy Woes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 17:08:33 pm »
Riley can have milk in things, but if he drinks straight milk, he gets mucosy diapers, upset tummy, excema breaks out etc.

It might be something like that?

Offline nursekat

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 17:11:47 pm »
Riley can have milk in things, but if he drinks straight milk, he gets mucosy diapers, upset tummy, excema breaks out etc.

It might be something like that?

That's what I'm hoping, I'm the same with milk as well - can't have ice cream or milk if I want to have people in the same room with me an hour later ;) but can have milk products and small amts of cheese.  Just a bit bummed that we've got this to worry about now, although I think I need to remember that we are blessed regardless. 

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 17:47:54 pm »
Very possible - I'd also avoid the flu shot for the same reason (contains eggs). I know it's tough but at least he can eat items with eggs cooked into them!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline nursekat

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 18:04:35 pm »
Very possible - I'd also avoid the flu shot for the same reason (contains eggs). I know it's tough but at least he can eat items with eggs cooked into them!

Right, but my concern now is that since she reacted to the eggs, she may have stronger reactions in the future to things that contain eggs...don't know if that concern is valid but I'm going to keep it low key this weekend in the egg dept until we can see the doc this week.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 18:34:34 pm »
Good plan - big hugs...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01