Author Topic: any advise on my schedule these days  (Read 1457 times)

Offline legend_018

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« on: May 21, 2007, 14:22:06 pm »
ok I don't want to come across that my LO is special because she drinks more than the average of milk, because I know she is drinking over the average amount of milk in a day. I would rather concentrate on "today", but just a quick summary...since she was 7 months old it's been very hard to get her to eat solids. As of right now, she is no longer getting up for a sippy in the middle of the night and that has been for at least a couple of weeks now. She has literally gone on hunger strikes for weeks and months on end.

My Question: Any advise on getting her to cut down the milk even more

Some days she does take in less, but this was yesterday.

WAKE 7:00am
Right away I try to feed her a 6oz jar of oatmeal w/pears or apples and bannanas. She'll eat between 1/2 and the entire jar. Than sippy. yesterday she drank 3 oz

Between 9:00am and 10:00am. She sits in the chair and gets assortments of cut up apples, oranges, pieces of cheese sometimes and I try cheesy scrambled eggs. It's hard to tell what she eats. I don't keep total track. She picks at everything and does it some of it

BEFORE NAP: Sippy. 5-6 OZ

Nap for a good 2 hours

About 1/2 hour after nap. Try lunch. Yesterday she had some pudding. I usually try yogurt. I also gave her some noodles yesterday, I think she only had a few. I can't remember what else

Tried to hold off on sippy, but come 3:30pm she absolutely wanted her sippy. She drank a good 5-6 oz.

Supper between 5 and 6pm. Some mac and cheese. A "no sugar added" juice pop. She picked on some of my roll from dinner. 3 oz of Milk after dinner. I think we let her play with an apple. She begs to play with apples. I never really see her eat much from it, but I think she does eat a little.

A good 8-9 oz before bed time. up in bed by 7pm and sleeping by 7:30pm.

I didn't write everything down so I hope I got everything right.
I hate complaining because she is eating better.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 23:06:32 pm by legend_018 »
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 23:05:39 pm »
Today was a little different. Woke 6am and at 6:30am fed her 6 oz jar of level 3 fruit baby food "apples and bannanas".

Than
6oz sippy

Than between 9am and 10:00am - some cheesy scrambled eggs, nibbled on some bologne, played with an apple. Took some bites out of it.

Than 5-6 oz sippy before nap.

Woke up a little early from nap "woke at 12:30pm". Why I'm not sure. She's been consistently sleeping good for naps and night time lately. She should of slept solidly until 1:00pm.

Between 12:30 and 1:00pm - nibbled on some pizza dough since my dad and I were having pizza. I gave her about a 1/2 of a baby yogurt. The yogurts are four ounzes total. Than sometime after lunch she had 3 oz of sippy

4:30pm - supper of which she picked on some noodles, had a no sugar added juice pop, had some of a peach. Than I gave her a butterscotch pudding

6:40pm - 7 oz of her sippy.

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: any advise on my schedule these days
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:41:57 pm »
How old is your dd?

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline taygensmom

• Showing Appreciation 25
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 13:04:09 pm »
If she is one, then her milk intake really should be about 16-18 oz. per day. How is your Lo doing weight wise??? How does she do as far as solid intake right now?

If she is Ok weight wise I would personally cut down on the milk to get an increase in the amount of solids consumed. If it was me I would just offer less milk per feed, and if she still wants more I would just offer water and a snack/solid foods. She will probably resist/be upset at first, but she will adjust and then you should see an increase in the solids consumed.

As far as your schedule you might consider combining the milk/solids into one "meal", so that she is not eating/drinking every 2 hours or so. So I would offer solids first with water and then give her some milk for "dessert". Then I would try to leave 3 hours until the next "meal" and just offer water in between. Hunger is a great motivator for kids, so if she is snacking of food/milk every few hours she will likely take less solids when they are offered. So your schedule could be:
7:00 -  Breakfast/milk (4 oz)
9:00 - Snack/water
12:00 - Lunch/milk (4 oz)
3:00 - Snack/water
6:00 - Supper/milk (4 oz)
6:40 - Milk (4-6 oz)

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 13:21:13 pm »
she is almost 14 months old

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 14:07:34 pm »
The above threads give some idea of what she is eating. not giving her a sippy/milk before nap isn't going to work out. that would be say average 7am until after nap "between 12:30 and 1:30pm" without any sippys. This morning she had a 6 oz jar of apples and bannanas fruit jar. 9:00am snack time she picked. Hard to say. didn't eat like a champion. sucked on some orange pieces of cut up, took a nibble of a piece of bread and had a couple nibbles of "1 egg". Sometimes she has been known to eat almost the whole egg. It's 10:11am now and her last sippy was at 7am. She due to fall asleep hopefully between 11 and 11:30am.  She will want some milk.

I like some of your other ideas. I was sort of giving milk after meals. I do kind of do that. especially breakfast and supper. although last night she skipped that one and only had the big 9 oz before bed. which was good in a way.

Offline taygensmom

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 16:06:35 pm »
Maybe you can just offer limited amount via sippy right after the 9:00 AM snack then. That way there is still about 3 hours between that sippy and lunch. So you could offer 3 oz. via sippy at breakfast, AM snack, lunch, and dinner and 6 oz before bed. I know she will be wanting more, but if you don't limit it you will continue to have difficulty with the solids. HTH

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: any advise on my schedule these days
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 16:22:04 pm »
You could try limiting the milk before nap to say 4oz and  that way she should hopefully be a little more hungry when she has solids. It is difficult when trying to modify their schedule but they usually get used to it my daghter did. Having said that we have difficulties with my son but then he has a severe feeding aversion.

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 23:42:07 pm »
ahh she's still a picky eater and to try to just get her to eat, I end up giving her yogurt and/or pudding and it doesn't necessarily replace milk. Today I can't remember how much milk I gave her. I know she had about 4 oz after breakfast, 5 oz before nap, 5 oz after lunch, 4 oz after supper and 9 oz before bed.  She begs for these bottles even after eating and refusing to eat anymore. I shouldn't complain...compared to the past. THis is what she eat today

6 oz jar of oatmeal with pears jar
4 oz containor of yogurt
picked on a peach
had some soup with noodles. I fed her. Didn't have a tremendous amount, but had a few small spoonfuls
had just a few spoon fuls of butterscotch pudding
picked on an apple "cup up" - threw it around more than anything
had some bites of some crackers
maybe took a bite or two of some scrambled eggs I made her for morning snack closer to nap time
had a juice pop or most of it

It's not in order. That isn't bad huh? but it's the only kind of stuff I can get her to eat sometimes ya know.
I think that's it for today.

Offline taygensmom

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 00:53:55 am »
Where is she weight percentile wise? Is this a concern or not?

Offline legend_018

• I love bath time!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:28:32 am »
sorry, this isn't a concern. WHen she was at the doctors office at 1 years old she was 20lbs. I don't know here height. she's a peanut, but growing and no one has any concern with her weight.

Offline taygensmom

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:55:50 am »
27 oz. in one day is alot for her age. You had mentioned the yogurt/pudding she gets doesn't really replace the milk, but keep in mind it doesn't have to, as even if she takes in 10 less oz. a day in milk she is still getting enough without any other milk products.

Sounds like you just need to decide if you are OK with the higher milk intake and less solid intake/limited variety or if this is something that you want to change. If it is, I do really think you are going to be the one who has to lead the decrease in liquids, as I don't think she will do it on her own anytime soon. Depends what your priorities/concerns are at this point as far as if this is something you want to address. If you choose not to address this you will likely continue to get poor solid intake, but you really just have to decide what is a priority for you and your family right now. HTH