Author Topic: 18 month old crying herself to sleep - taking over 1 hour, help!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
up until a couple of weeks my dd was going to be bed ok but waking numerous time through the evening and night.  We almost got it down to 1 NW instead.
we went away for a week to grandparents and she was fine there.  Since returning back home, she will not go to sleep happily.  She tries to extend her bedtime with us by asking for more books to be read to her.  Eventually we leave and she screams and cries.  Sometimes they seem like fake tears cos as soon as we go to comfort her she is happy and then she wants to play, we leave and she cries again and so on, eventually i leave her lying down and she mumble cries to sleep.

EASY
A 7am
Nap 12noon
A  2pm
Bedtime aim is 7pm, but currently sleeping 8.30ish after tears.

* we even tried to put her down later incase she isn't so tired, but same reaction

Hope you can help

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: 18 month old crying herself to sleep - taking over 1 hour, help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 21:19:49 pm »
My daughter takes a long time to fall asleep, but she doesn't cry.  If she is crying, really crying, then I would not leave her.  You could do WIWO, perhaps she needs a little reassurance from you, maybe her little holiday has upset her system a little.

Let her know that you are there for her by staying around a little longer until she settles down.

HTH

Mari