Author Topic: Help!11 mo old wakes during the night ans stays awake 2 or more hours.  (Read 4352 times)

Offline hrosario

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Oporto Portugal I'm sooo lovely!!!!
She's doing one nap after lunch, most of the times. I know that part about separation anxiety, so what do you suggest doing? We've moved her bedtime earlier (arround 7.30pm). We don't know what to do when she doesn't sleep much during the night and gets sleepy during the day and makes long nap (s) - about 3 hours! Should we let her do it?

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
I would try gradual withdraw.  Can you sit next to the crib and then over the course of a few night move farther away?  I wouldn't let her sleep more than three hours during the day because it could interfere with night time sleep.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline hrosario

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi ladies! My deep apologies for not being in touch with you this last few days! I've been working around and against the clock!!! :o My dd was doing much better sleeping, but now she got the flue! So, she is going back :(. She has a fever, specially at night and she's not breathing well, so her sleep is not good and ours is worse! She needs more suppport during the night because she is not feeling well.
Maybe this is not the place for this, but I need to vent! My brother has 3 children and last week the 2 girls were sick with the flue and troath infections and he and my SIL just took them to a family dinner where, of course, we got the bug!!! So, now my dd is sick, my DH is sick, I was sick during the weekend and my MIL (who takes care of dd) is also sick!"!! I really got mad about this, because sick children should be taken care at home and not being at family dinners and they didn't had the minimum respect for other's health! they knew that the children were sick and didn't care about it!  :o >:(
I'm sorry for this, but I'm still mad!
Thanks again for all the support and I'll try to keep you posted on dd health and sleep.
Hugs :-*

Offline momofclaire

Oh no! 

I understand why you are upset.  I get so angry when moms bring sick kids to the nursery or playgroup. It is disrespectul!  Sorry you all are sick.  Hang in there, it will pass.  Don't worry about sleep stuff while she's sick, just give hugs and kissed. 
Keep us posted.
Myia

Offline hrosario

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Thanks again! I got sick again!!! :-[ But now everything is going better with me and with dd. Thanks soooooo much for your support. Today is dd first birthday!!!!  ;D

Offline momofclaire

Oh I missed it.  Damn computer was a mess all day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL!  Yipee!!!!

Offline hrosario

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Thanks! I'm happy she a happy baby in spite of the rough nights she is giving us again! But as she was sick, she needs some time to readjust!
Love  :-*