Author Topic: Refusing food at daycare  (Read 947 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Refusing food at daycare
« on: May 25, 2007, 23:42:59 pm »
Hi all!!  Got a new issue for you!  Lately Charlotte eats very little solid food at daycare.  She will drink anything she is given, and usually eats her pm snack.  At home, a few bites of a meal and her milk.  Tonight I tried dinner first, then milk.  Not sure if that helped, or if she was just hungry from skipping 2 meals today.  I don't know how that would go over at daycare if she's the only one at the table without a cup.  Also, when she wakes up, she immediately asks for a drink, which might be filling her up some.  I plan to try water tomorrow instead and see what happens.  (besides a bunch of fussing).  Any insight?     
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

binxyboo

Re: Refusing food at daycare
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 23:47:46 pm »
I know at the daycare where I used to work, we would literally give the children an ounce or so of milk in their cups (well, we didn't measure, but hope you kwim) along with their lunch, and then they would get the rest of the milk when we would see they were making a good go at eating.

But really, Riley goes for days eating hardly anything lately. I am sure he has not gained weight in months and months.

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Refusing food at daycare
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 01:46:07 am »
As soon as she sees the cup, she grabs it.  As soon as she gets up, "Duice?"  (her word for all drinks)   Snacks, there it's water and usually something sweetish, but kinda good for them.  At home, a couple of animal crackers.       
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.