Author Topic: How many bottles for 14 month old?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
How many bottles for 14 month old?
« on: May 27, 2007, 13:16:55 pm »
My 14 month old is still taking 3 bottles per day, however, the morning and afternoon bottle have dropped significantly.  Her current routine is look like this,

630am-1/2 cup baby cereal and maybe some fruit
715am-3oz bottle
9am-snack
1130-lunch
1pm-5oz bottle
330-4pm-snack
530-dinner
730pm-8oz bottle

With the drop in consumption of the morning and afternoon bottle, I was wondering if it's time to move to 2 bottles per day, but I'm unsure of when to give the 1st bottle.  With having to drop her at daycare in the mornings at 730am, this is why I give her breakfast first in the morning. 

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: How many bottles for 14 month old?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 13:22:01 pm »
my ds is on 2 bottles and has been since around 12 months, ds still has his am bottle before breakfast only because i can't get him past 6.15 am and giving him his bottle in his cot gives me an extra 30 mins in my pit :-[ i so promised myself i wouldn't do this, but if he wakes after 6.30 we get up but he cries if he doesn't get his bottle immediatly, i have thought i might reduce the amount till it's gone but we are going on holiday in july and thought it would be handy to keep the am bottle till we get back ;)

hth
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

fifibobandmore

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 16:52:16 pm »
I would give 2 drinks of milk in a soft spouted sippy cup instead of a bottle at this age but that is just me as both my LO were on sippy cups from their 1st birthday but my son was very reluctant at 1st as he had a bottle from when he was 6 months old I could not bf him for 2 weeks because of a triple infection. He was finally on sippy cups completely by the time he was 18 months but my daughter never had a bottle as when I left her with other people she took breast milk straight away from a sippy cup.

Offline aylinr

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 17:05:00 pm »
my daughter ia 13month olda and she has 3 bottles per day. one as soon as she wakes up, then breakfast about 1/2hr-45min later ( 4oz bottle by the way ) then another 4 oz after her afternoon nap....and finally 8oz hen she sleeps. ı dropped from 4 to 3 by giving her yoghurt instead so she would still get her calcium intake, however she's kind of refusing to spoon feed at the moment so she doesn't even get that and i want to drop the afternoon feed the same way when she is back onto her spoon thing.
My daughter drinks her water from a sippy cup so i'm not worried about keeping the other two bottles up. hope that helps. also some of my friends with same age baby only give at bedtime so i guess it depends on you and your lo.

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 17:18:22 pm »

my ds drinks water from his sippy fine but put milk in there and it's another story ;D
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 17:35:58 pm »
I've tried giving milk in sippy cups, she will have nothing to do with it, and this has been going on for months now.  Water, no problem.
I even give her a sippy of milk at meals, and she won't drink it.