Author Topic: Help with 30 minute naps!!!  (Read 961 times)

Offline nenee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Help with 30 minute naps!!!
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:40:54 am »
Hi there
My 4 month old has started having 30 minute naps and its driving me crazy.  He wakes from 5 to 6 ish every morning so we feed him and then put him straight back down and he sleeps for a further 2 to 3 hrs!  Then his naps throughout the day are very short to say the least around 30 mins, whether in motion in the car, pram or in his cot, is it because he goes back to bed at the first wake up and sleeps so long?  If I get up then will it make a difference is that the reason hes not sleeping so well in the day?  I also want to get him on the 4 hr easy but its impossible when he sleeps so little and is hungry as not on solids and sometmes can only wait just over 3 hours, any advice would be most welcome ??? ???

nenee

Offline fitfamily

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Help with 30 minute naps!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 20:20:32 pm »
i'm afraid I can't help much.  I have a 30 min napper too.  Someone else will have to speak to that. But, I do know that when my ds was 3 months we just rolled with the bf'd a bit.  We held him off as long as possible and then fed him (usually only 20-30min).  We were fell somewhere between a 3-4 hr easy on most days.  It will get better as his wake time increases.  It would be helpful to know when your ds goes to bed to determine the question about when to start your day.  My ds is in bed by 630-7p and we start the day around 6a. 

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 21:28:45 pm »
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=649.0

Just wanted to suggest this link  :)  Even though it refers to 45 min naps rather than 30 the info is the same.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline nenee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 21:46:22 pm »
I think I know why he did that, as just read my bw book again, its cause im not getting him up at 7 am and letting him sleep longer which then messes his nap times, so im going to make sure hes at the right times and try the pu/pd method too when he wakes early until the end of the nap time, hes also come out of his swaddle as found him in dangerous situations with it (wrapped around his neck!! now can use his hands and move around!) he sleeps better in his gro bag and actually woke from his nap at 30 minute mark as i swaddled him as he was overtired.  Hes still on the 3 hr easy so i need to get him to do the 4 hr easy which i have been trying, do u think keeping him up 1 hr 40 min before putting him in his cot is too late should i be putting him in his cot after 1 hr 30 A as hes only just 4 months?? could that cause his crying and fussing as he needs 15 mins to get to sleep?  Shouls i be asking these questions in the easy section?  :-[
nenee

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 21:59:14 pm »
You might try a 3.5 EASY first to make the transition easier for him.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o