Author Topic: How do you do the evening catnap?  (Read 935 times)

Offline fujbeck

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How do you do the evening catnap?
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:41:13 am »
I'm having a hard time getting the evening catnap in for Gracie as it falls right around dinnertime (usually she wants to sleep around 5-5:15 pm) and I have an older one to take care of. I can't really take out 30 minutes to settle her in her crib around that time. She used to fall asleep in her swing but no more. If I put her in a sling she will sleep for at most 20 minutes but it's not enough. She will always sleep in the stroller but can't do that at that time usually either.

How do you get the catnap in? Any advice for how I can make this work?
Joy

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: How do you do the evening catnap?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 04:48:16 am »
Can you use a sling and carry her around while getting dinner ready/feeding? Or you could prepare dinner for the older one and she could feed herself (maybe finger food). 5ish is around the time my lo had the need for a catnap. I used to carry her around and when she got a little older and heavier I used to try and settle her in the cot and give dinner to Isabella a little later or a little earlier (like 4:45) and give her a snack before bedtime.

hth
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline malialeanne

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Really, mom? More pictures?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 17:08:35 pm »
My dd catnaps in the crib. For us it's just like any other nap. However I know it must be difficult with another lo running around. :)

Once she's asleep in the sling can you transfer her to the crib (just undo the sling and lower her into the crib, lay her on top of the sling) and see if she'll sleep for another 10-20 mins or so?
Malia

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 17:23:34 pm »
swing or carrier worked for us.  Never mattered where she slept or how she fell asleep, just as long as she did.  The catnap is a freebie that you get however you can.