Author Topic: Reasurance needed  (Read 733 times)

Offline CB Mama

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 30, 2007, 19:56:06 pm »
My LO just just turned 7 months on Tuesday.  We have been working on naps for the last few weeks.  He has lengthened his afternoon nap w/out intervention to about 2 hours. He has been taking a 45 min AM nap.  My biggest challenge at the moment is going to sleep.  When we started working on our sleep concerns I started having quite time before sleep (read books, snuggle, bed) this worked great and he was falling asleep with no/very little fussing.  This week has been another story.  He is having trouble falling asleep all times of day.  I think a lot of the challenge is because he has become very comfortable pulling himself up to stand and has discovered how to do it in his crib.  The last few days I have had to lay him down at least 4-5 times per sleep.  Along with the standing up he is usually crying/screaming.  PU/PD and Pat/SHH have NO affect and have been making things worse.  At quiet time before sleep he has started fighting the snuggle.  Any suggestions would be apprecitated!
Karla

Offline debo620

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 70
Re: Reasurance needed
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:13:19 am »
could he be not quite tired enough? have you tried adding maybe 10-15min of awake time ?

It does sound like the milestone of pulling up could also be throwing off things a bit. This is very common. Just let him practice alot during awake times. I foubd these milestones usually threw things off for about a week.
Deborah,
Noah---January 30th, 2006
Cohen-May 22, 2008
Julia-August 14, 2013