Author Topic: quick nap question for 6 month old  (Read 912 times)

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 31, 2007, 21:10:30 pm »
Just lately my 6 month old is resisting the little evening cat nap. Sometimes she is up from her 2nd nap at 2 or 2:30pm and I am wondering what time I should put her to bed when she refuses her cat nap. She is really really tired by 6pm so I have been feeding her and putting her to bed but she is so tired she fusses and has trouble falling asleep. Even with room darkening shades at 6pm it is pretty light out and I think this could be part of the problem. What have you all done when this happens?

Thanks!

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: quick nap question for 6 month old
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 00:39:51 am »
When my dd started resisting the catnap (she was napping 10-12 and 2-4), I would sit with her in her room and rock in the chair.  She wouldn't fall asleep, but she would be quiet and still, and I considered it some rest to get her through the evening.  We used a blackout shade, but there was still some light coming in.  I think you might could try a loooong winddown along with an earlier bedtime until she adjusts.  What is her usual bedtime when she has the catnap?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline danielina76

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 18:25:05 pm »
I'm new in here :), so hello!!
I've the same problem with my doughter, she is six month old too. Her first nap is from 9.30 to 11 am, and the second one from 1.30 to 3 pm. I see she is tired at around 5/5.30 pm: usually I'm not able to put her to bed. If I manage to do it, she wake up after 30 minutes crying. The only way is to put her into the car seat and go around, but I can't do it each evening!!

Offline NikkiSurrey

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • The tornado and the wee one
Re: quick nap question for 6 month old
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 18:29:42 pm »
Hi all,

Michelle, don't know if this will help you but thought it worth mentioning that my LO, now 6 months, sometimes can't get to sleep for his catnap either.  If he does get to sleep, it's either because he's missed out on naps earlier in the day (frequent occurence in our house), or he just falls asleep a lot later.  Sometimes it's been as late as 5.30pm, in which case I usually wake him by 6pm.  It does not seem to affect his night time sleep or how he goes down to sleep for bed.  Bedtime is 7.30pm.

Nikki
Nikki, Mum to Luka (25-11-06) and Jenna (26-02-09) - both born on their due dates!