Author Topic: Ds doesn't like bathtime now- not sure why  (Read 909 times)

Offline maddoxsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Ds doesn't like bathtime now- not sure why
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:34:35 am »
Ds is 4months old.  In the past, when I removed his clothes for bath time he'd smile and coo while I sang/talked to him.  The past couple of baths he now cries as I prepare him for the bath as though taking a bath is the worst thing in the world.  He'll calm down a bit once he is in the tub, but then starts up again half way through.  Nothing about how we give him the bath has changed. 

Also, I noticed at his last bath he's got rash like bumps on his shoulders and torso- but the bumps aren't red.  Any thoughts on what it could be?

Any insights would be appreciated!

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Re: Ds doesn't like bathtime now- not sure why
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 20:18:18 pm »
Welcome to the site, Maddoxsmom!

What is your ds's personality type? Is he touchy or grumpy?  Have you moved from a 3-hour to a 4-hour EASY recently? Has anyone else bathed him (dh or maybe one of his grandparents) recently?

There could be different factors as to why he isn't happy in the bath that could have to do with one of the above questions. Or, could be something else. (how's that for a definitive answer ::)) Not sure if posting your routine would help us help you but it would be a good start. ;D
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline maddoxsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Ds doesn't like bathtime now- not sure why
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:09:52 am »
Thanks Georgia...

I'd say ds is more touchy than grumpy.  He moved from 3hour to 4hour EASY a couple weeks ago... it's has only been the last few days that I've been able to somewhat follow the routine below.  The mornings are pretty good... the nights still need a little work.  As for bathing, my husband and I bathe him together.  He has reached some development milestones such as rolling over from back to tummy.

Here's his routine...

7am: Eat
8am: Activity
9am: Nap time (between 45 min to 2hrs)
11am: Eat
12am: Activity (about 2 hours)
2pm: Nap time (between 45 min to 1hrs)
3pm: Eat
4pm: Activity
5pm: Nap time (about 45 min)
7pm: Eat, bath (every other night), night time sleep routine (change to pjs, story)
9:30pm: cluster feed
11:30pm: dream feed

Sometimes he wakes around 3am but I just put him back to sleep.  He hasn't been consistent with sleeping all the way to 7am yet.

Thanks
Frances