Author Topic: Finger food suggestions?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline luv for 2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: June 05, 2007, 00:02:58 am »
My 14 month old refuses to be spoon fed anymore.  Not a big deal but I'm running out of ideas of meals to give him.  He can't have lactose, soy or large quantities of wheat and he doesn't like anything with a sticky feeling (among them bananas and pasta).   He does eat grapes, pear, apple, cold peas, some crackers, hot dog, and chicken but he's definitely getting bored of these.  Any suggestions I would welcome them.

Offline Messa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
Re: Finger food suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 04:33:48 am »
You can do sweet potato fries.  Steamed carrot sticks.  Some sort of rice based cereals.  HTH
Melissa

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:29:08 am »
Stir fried rice, frozen blueberries, breadsticks, brocolli, cauliflower, string beans, etc. ;)

Offline 2Kats

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 19:34:52 pm »
What about an omlette with some veggies miked in or scrambled eggs?
Jenny

Offline luv for 2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 02:24:35 am »
I have tried preparing sweet potato fries before but they turned out so mushy when he bite into it that he refused them because it was too much like puree.  Any tips on getting them nice and crispy like regular potato?

Offline Messa

• Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 03:10:02 am »
I have tried preparing sweet potato fries before but they turned out so mushy when he bite into it that he refused them because it was too much like puree.  Any tips on getting them nice and crispy like regular potato?
Maybe you could cut them into smaller strips so they aren't as thick that should help them get crispier (I know when I made them I had some smaller ones and they weren't as mushy) HTH
Melissa

Offline bethann

• Showing Appreciation 40
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 03:12:07 am »
ditto on the sw potato fries, and regular potato fries.  Any veggies make great finger food (ie caulifour, brocoli, carrots, peas, grean beans).  Cut up cantelope & watermelon are her favs right now.  Fish sticks.  cheese cubes.  grilled cheese sandwich cut into tiny squares.  Same with toast/english muffin. 

DD went through the same thing.  She wouldn't let me feed her for the longest time.  But all of the sudden, she just gave in and let me feed her yogurt and oatmeal with a spoon.  I don't know what sparked the difference.  I think she just really likes the yogurt!   
{mom to abigail 3.13.16, caleb 4.14.07, and anna noelle 12.04.13}