Author Topic: Hourly Wakings ... Can't Figure This One Out!!! Help Please!!!  (Read 765 times)

Offline Nish :)

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Me & my 'men' ~ Maalik and Zain
So here's the situation ...

DS is 3.5 weeks old.  He has reflux but we do have meds now.  In addition, he is pretty gassy, so that bothers him as well.  Daytime naps are happening with A LOT of work, but I can't figure out the night.  Here's our daily routine (approx) ...

7:30 E - bf
8:00 A - diapering, wind down in room and down for nap
8:20 S - this can take from 30 min. - 60 min. to get down for nap.  He often wakes at the 45-1hour mark and I extend with a paci

10:30 E - bf
11:00 A - diapering, wind down in room and down for nap
11:20 S - this can take from 30 min. - 60 min. to get down for nap.  He often wakes athe 45-1hour mark and I extend with paci

1:30 E - bf
2:00 A - diapering, wind down in room and down for nap
2:20 S - this is usually a good nap.  He'll go down in about 20 min. and sleeps for 2 hours.

4:30 E - bf
5:00 A - diapering, wind down in room for nap
5:20 S - this can take 30min. - 45 min. to get down for nap.  I let him wake whenever he wants without trying to extend this nap.

6:30-6:45 E - bf
7:15 A - bath and diapering, wind down and down for sleep. I try to feed a little more here, but he won't take any. 
7:45 S - this can take 30min. - 60 min. to get down for the night.

So this is where everything went wonky.  ::) :P

He woke at 9:45 to eat and I fed and reswaddled and back down.  Then he woke again at 12:30 to eat.  After feeding this time, he fought the swaddle and was extremely difficult to get back down.  He then woke every hour after that.  He wanted to eat every other time - so every two hours, but was settling in between with a paci, but obviously not for long.   :-\

Even when he ate, he was not taking a full feed - hard to say, but maybe 2/3 of a feed?  What is going on?  I'm just not sure what to do next.  Is this a growth spurt?  If I try to feed him more often in the day, he just is not interested.  Should I be fully waking him at night to force a full feed?  But then it could take up to an hour to put him back to sleep  :o 

Sorry for the long post, but any thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated!  :-*

Nish
Maalik Hussein ~ May 03, 2004

Zain Hasan ~ May 21, 2007

Offline Nish :)

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Me & my 'men' ~ Maalik and Zain
Re: Hourly Wakings ... Can't Figure This One Out!!! Help Please!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 16:23:08 pm »
okay ...  all that being said, naps have gone to pot today.  I'm spending more time getting him settled, and then he only manages 20-30 min. on his own, before I have intervene with paci, shhh/pat.  We only got to 2.5 hours when he was really hungry and I think this cycle will be the same  :-\

Nish
Maalik Hussein ~ May 03, 2004

Zain Hasan ~ May 21, 2007

Offline anikasmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Hourly Wakings ... Can't Figure This One Out!!! Help Please!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 21:25:59 pm »
Ah!  I hope someone can help you, hon, because my little one is doing the same thing.  I feel your frustration, I hope we can get some answers!
Joy