Author Topic: Not quite sure if 2 for 1, but may have no choice...  (Read 980 times)

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
Not quite sure if 2 for 1, but may have no choice...
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:13:16 pm »
Hi everyone,

We've been struggling with naps for several weeks.  My lo has begun refusing naps and they've been getting shorter in length.  The only way I seem to be able to get him to sleep longer than 45 minutes is to lay him down right after he eats lunch.  Then he will take 1 hour and 15 minute nap. (Very length good for him.)  However, that means there is no afternoon nap. 

Yesterday he did have 2 naps, but they both TOTALED 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Ugh.

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
Re: Not quite sure if 2 for 1, but may have no choice...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:19:13 pm »
Somehow I posted before I was done...

I've tried cutting the morning nap short in the hopes of a longer afternoon nap, but to no avail.

I plan to keep trying for the 1 hour and 15 minute nap and keep my fingers crossed that it will lengthen.  What do you all think?  Are we on the right track?

He is such a touchy napper and always has been.  My husband and I joke that the moon has to be in a certain position and the grass has to be a certain length, etc.

I would post our routine, but it's lately it's been so weird and we don't have the same day twice.

Thanks for any input.
Cindy

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 14:37:41 pm »
There is a thread up above 2 to 1 nap.  Its pretty informative.

What most of us on the thread are doing is waking after 30 mins in the morning and then giving a longer pm nap.  Can you post your day with awake times, nap times and bedtime?  Thanks

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 14:48:48 pm »
I read through bits and pieces of that thread, but many if not all of what I read have posts of too long morning naps and refusal of the afternoon nap.  Matthew is actually refusing a morning nap until after he eats lunch.  I should have posted that info previously, but I see now that I didn't.  We've just been all over the board nap-wise in the last few weeks.

Here was yesterday's routine:

7:00-ish Awake
7:30 bottle
9:00 breakfast
10:45 lunch, half of it anyway (gave some early in the hopes it would help him sleep better)
11:15 - 12:30 nap
12:30 other 1/2 of lunch
2:30 bottle
4:40 - 5:10 nap
5:15 dinner
7:00 bottle and bed

for us, 45 minutes is an indicator of not tired enough and 30 minutes usually means he was too tired.  This morning he woke up early. which usually means he was overtired, I know.

The day before he only had 1 nap at 11:45 and it was 1.25 hours and he did fine for the rest of the day and went to bed at 7:30.

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 15:00:55 pm »
you know what, I'll just jump in on that thread. 

Thanks,
Cindy