Author Topic: Used to sleep thru, now waking constantly - HELP!  (Read 940 times)

Offline CathyTony

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Used to sleep thru, now waking constantly - HELP!
« on: June 15, 2007, 21:16:05 pm »
Hi Ladies - this is my first time on this board and I really hope you can help us!
Jack has just turned 7 months, he used to sleep through the night from 7-7.30 with a dream feed at 10pm. We dropped the dream feed when he got established on solids and still slept thru till about 2 weeks ago.

Jack now wakes up so much, often up to 8 times a night - have tried leaving him but he gets so upset and cant leave him, the minute we pick him up he settles. So I dont think its teething or hunger as he is fine when we pick him up.

Wondering poss separatoin anxiety, but hes fine in the day and I can leave him without him getting upset at all.

He has a dummy, but can usually get himself to sleep without it, tho we do give it to him at the mo as its the only thing that will get him back down again quickly at stupid o clock in the morning!

Please help, I need my sleep back and Jack seems permanently tired too.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Used to sleep thru, now waking constantly - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 22:18:21 pm »
Hi Cathy & welcome to the boards! ;D

Could you please post his schedule.

Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline CathyTony

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 22:26:30 pm »
Usually goes as follows;

7am up
8am 5oz bottle
9am Cereal
9.30am Bed
11.00am Up
11.30am Lunch
1.30pm 8oz bottle
2.30pm Bed
4.00 Up
4.30 Tea
7.00 Bath, bottle, bed.

This is the ideal, but if I am out and about he doesnt sleep well at all, he wont sleep in his pushchair now as he wants to be up looking at stuff, he will sleep in the car. Hes had very little sleep today and I think this is probably why tonight he has been really bad, up every half hour or so since 7.30pm.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 22:46:10 pm »
If you are out and about & he hasn't napped well I would do an earlier bedtime so that he is not so overtired by bedtime.

Also do you find that he can't fall alseep without the dummy? Do you think it might have become a prop?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby