Author Topic: Question on how to Dtermine Activity time with 8 week old twins  (Read 795 times)

Offline mamie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
hi, hope this is the right place for this question. i have 8 week old twin boys (born 36 weeks) and have been implementing EASY since birth, or trying to. they seem to be short napping, even with nap extension attempt. my question is, if they get up after only a 45 minute nap and i hold off feeding, do i count the time before the feed as 'activity'. if they cry a lot i will just start the feed but i am trying to keep them together on the routine. they were almost at a 3 hour but have gone to 2.5 in the last few days, they are receiving breast milk via bottle with some wind etc. problems and, as i said, naps can be very difficult for them to get through without waking at 45 minutes.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Question on how to Dtermine Activity time with 8 week old twins
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 23:08:20 pm »
Hi there!

Activity time is generally counted as the time that they're awake -- so if they awoke at 10 AM, fed until 10:15, and went to sleep again at 11:15, you'd have an hour of activity time.  With yours being so little, I'd actually just count all the time between the sleeps as activity, can't expect a whole lot in the early days anyway.

I've got a few thoughts -- they could be going through a growth spurt if they were ok at a 3 hour EASY and now they need to eat more often.  Also, if you could post a rough approximation of their day, that would be most helpful.  Your A time might be a bit too long, which could be causing your 45 minute naps, so posting your schedule will help us figure out if it needs tweaking or not. :)