Author Topic: Advice needed please!!!  (Read 721 times)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Advice needed please!!!
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:28:59 am »
My 6 month old LO seems to be an early riser but has also been waking up over the last 3 nights and staying awake for an hour/ hour and a half. He's not hungry and we haven't fed him during the night for over 2 weeks now, we started solids about 6 weeks ago but he doesn't take that much. We do DF but sometimes he will take 6-8oz, sometimes 2-4oz, sometimes refuses . He started nursery 2 weeks ago and is there 3 afternoons but he will only eat a little and drinks only 3oz max for them at the moment. Grandma comes to look after him the other 2 afternoons. Our routine is "usually" as follows

5.30 wake - not hungry at wake up so..
6.30 bottle normally 4/5oz
7.00 solids, cereal with formula usually only a few bites or refuses
7.30/8 nap -goes down easily for at least 1 hour, usually 1.5

9.30/10 bottle 5/6oz
11.30/12 nap again 1 - 2 hours. This depends on last nap and we watch for tired signs. Solids depend on last nap too, sometimes just before this nap or when he wakes. He eats about 4/5 teaspoons at present
2/2.30 bottle max 3oz in nursery usually 8oz for grandma or me.
4.00 ish nap 45mins usually
5.00 solids 4/5 tsps veg/fruit (not a lover of fruit though!)
6.00 bath with daddy
6.30 bottle 6-8oz, books than bed by 7.00

Most nights he goes to sleep with a little grumping and is very good at settling himself. The last 3 nights he hasn't been sleepy at all so we have got him up for about 30 mins then he has gone to sleep quickly around 8pm. Since we stopped feeding at night he has stirred between 2/3am crying but asleep, but 1 quick cuddle and he settles until wake up. However the last 3 nights he has woken totally and has been playing in his cot and talking ::) for about 1 hour. I try not to go in unless he is properly crying but he does need pat/shh and pu/pd (we use a combination of both which seems to suit him) to settle again. He has woken in the past at this time but put himself back to sleep again quite quickly. Last night he didn't seem to settle to deep sleep and I was up to him because he was crying in his sleep about 5/6 times.

He's having about 4 hours of daytime sleep, less on nursery days as he doesn't sleep well there (the recent wake ups are not after nursery days). Night sleep has been good sleep for about 7 hours until the 3am ish stirring, then not so good for about 2/3 hours. He is teething and started rolling back to front properly about 6 days ago. We got rid of the paci about 2 months ago so he's not looking for that. It's hard to get the bedtime routine any earlier, particularly on Mondays due to work. He also has reflux which he is on gaviscon for but we are waiting to see a paed in July as it seems to be worse at the moment.

Thank you if you have got this far, any ideas/tips would be very much appreciated as I am very tired by the afternoons when I have to go to work! ::)

Laura

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: Advice needed please!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 20:45:24 pm »

could it be a growth spurt??

the early wakings are more than likely to do with the fact that he is overtired, how dark is his room?
my ds was waking at 5am most days until i totally blackened out his windows, now he sleeps till 7am most days ;D
the other thing i would do is knock of the solids at 5pm incase they are giving him wind or belly ache
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.