Author Topic: Recent Strangeness  (Read 817 times)

Offline JennThomas04

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 21, 2007, 13:13:04 pm »
I'm not sure where to post this, but think it may have to do with food sensitivity, so thought maybe here?

My lo is 14 weeks.  He was never a spit uppy baby, but in the past 2-3 weeks, he has started spitting up more often. He spits up after each nursing, with the exception of the last one before bed and any nursing during the night (he generally wakes to eat 1-2 times between 8 pm and 7 am).  Is this developmental or could something else be affecting him?  My diet hasn't changed in the past 2-3 weeks. Is it possible for him to suddenly acquire a sensitivity to something I've been eating?

Second strangeness is that he's developed a piercing shriek for when he wakes up from napping or sleeping.  The first few times we rushed into the room thinking he was in pain from gas, or might have bumped his head.  He was neither and appears to have just started making this noise when he wakes.  Could this be from bowel discomfort?  He never cries for more than 30 seconds or a minute (once I make sure he's really awake and not making noise in his sleep), so I don't think it could be attention getting.

Any light would be greatly appreciated! Also, if I should post this in another forum, please let me know.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Recent Strangeness
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 17:07:52 pm »
He definitely could have developed an intolerance to something you're eating - possibly dairy, wheat or soy. The piercing shriek could be bowel and/or reflux pain. You might want to discuss this with your doctor and consider and elimination diet. Good luck!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01