Author Topic: 13 wk old waking 3 times in the night  (Read 799 times)

Offline Jemima's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 22, 2007, 20:52:02 pm »
Hi there,

Looking at the other posts it looks as though I have it easy although I'd like it easier!.  My 13 week old will always wake 2 or 3 times in the night - once between 1-2am, then between 3-4am for a feed and then again around 5am.  I believe that her bottom trumpet  ;D is what wakes her up (wind to everyone else) and then she doesn't seem to be able to settle herself although I haven't ever left her just in case she completely wakes up.  Sometimes a pat will settle her straight away.  Other times for the 5am waking I have to put her on her tummy and give her a pat and then she'll settle.  Worse case scenario she'll come into bed with us in which case as soon as she touches our bed she's out like a light.

Should I be leaving her to settle herself without patting?  During the day we do have to vigorously pat her to get her to nap.  She will also only nap on her front or side as if she's on her back she wakes every 10 minutes.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 13 wk old waking 3 times in the night
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 03:30:59 am »
We all wake at night in between cycles & personally if she's just waking & cooing, stirring, talking, etc... I would let her be. If she's crying out for you (and I mean a real cry & not a mantra cry) then I would start patting her but otherwise I would let her try & settle herself back to sleep.

hth
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby