Author Topic: windown routine help  (Read 1624 times)

Offline sparks19

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
windown routine help
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:23:19 am »
I need advice on a good windown routine.

Hannah has not been napping like she should and even at night she will sleep for about 45 minutes after I first put her down and then she cries and cries and cries until I can console her back to sleep....

and also... help with the shhh/pat... she sleeps on her back so how can I pat it?  if I roll her over everytime she wakes up more.

Offline ~*~Little Miss Sunshine~*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 13:24:36 pm »
Hi sparks19.  Hannah is beautiful!! Love the tongue  ;D

Could you post your routine for us?  Maybe we can tweak that a little to make things a bit easier.  Also, what are you doing for a winddown now?

As for your dd sleeping on her back, ds sleeps on his too and I would just roll him on his side, place a rolled up towel in front of his belly and do shh/pat.  If you don't want to do that, you can find a variation of pat that works for your little one (i.e., rubbing her belly, patting her leg or her side).

Offline sparks19

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: windown routine help
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 16:56:13 pm »
Thank you  :)

Wellwe JUST started with a new routine yesterday...s he has done surprisingly well actually.

we are on a 3.5 hr schedule.... so if she gets up at 8 I feed her and then she goes down for a nap at 9:30 for 1.5 hours.   Gets up at 11 and down again at 1:30.

Right now my routine is to change her bum, read her a story, sit in the rocker a little bit and then I put her down.

Offline ~*~Little Miss Sunshine~*~

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 17:27:20 pm »
Glad to hear your new routine is working out better.  HOpefully it will stay that way for you!  As for the winddown, it sounds pretty good to me.  Is she able to fall asleep independently?  Does she cry a lot when you put her down?

Offline momtonb&ab

• Showing Appreciation 234
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 17:34:32 pm »
your wind down sounds good to me as well.  my  motto with wind down was always keep it simple and short (in part because we have twins and time is of the essence, but it really does work better that way for a lot of little ones).  Sometimes a long drawn out wind down just winds them up.   

We also sleep on our backs so we shush pat on the tummy instead of on the back and it has worked really well for us.  Even now, we still shush pat a bit when they are unsettled or overtired and it works just fine. 

Offline sparks19

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: windown routine help
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 02:49:55 am »
Glad to hear your new routine is working out better.  HOpefully it will stay that way for you!  As for the winddown, it sounds pretty good to me.  Is she able to fall asleep independently?  Does she cry a lot when you put her down?

Sometimes she falls alseep right away on her own...sometimes she fusses many many times before finally drifting off.

Night time sleep is the worst by far.  She will sleep for a half hour or an hour without a peep and then suddenly she wakes up and I have to go in and tend to her every couple minutes for at least an hour until she drifts off again... then sometimes she will wake a second time after about a half hour and do the same routine.

I wasn't sure if the windown was the culprit or what... but I guess the windown is good for her... it's something else.