Author Topic: almost 6mo and waking 3x at night  (Read 2218 times)

Offline heidiruthie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • nothing but blue sky
Re: almost 6mo and waking 3x at night
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 16:27:52 pm »
yes it sounds good, thanks :) i will try it out today. i think its a good idea to have him stay awake for 2.5 hours in the afternoon instead of 3, as i was wondering if jumping from 2 to 3 hours so suddenly might be a bit much for him. i'll let you know how it works!
-heidi

Offline heidiruthie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • nothing but blue sky
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 16:41:28 pm »
update: last 2 days i've tried to stick with your easy plan as closely as possible. first day, it was almost exact and he woke up 2x at night, 12:45 and 4:30 hungry both times. second day (yesterday) and odd 45 min nap in the morning messed things up and he only got a total of 2hr 45 min total nap time. he was up at 1:30am and then again at 4am. i tried EVERYTHING to get him back to sleep at 4:00...he would fall asleep for a short time, then wake up again. over and over. i finally gave in and fed him at 5:30 (he was literally trying to suck through my shirt!) and he slept until 7:30! i'm not sure if its my daytimes that are doing this or if he is just plain hungry at night ???
-heidi

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 17:50:53 pm »
You know, he could really be hungry.  Some babies can go without a feed but there are those who can't.  If you are feeding twice a night and he takes a full feed eagerly and then goes back to sleep it is possible that the little guy is simply hungry.  The only thing you can do is up his food intake during the day and wait it out.  He is also at the age where a huge growth spurt occurs. 
Why don't you try to keep his day consistant with the naps and then feed him when he wakes as long as the wake is consistant with when you know he has been waking for food.  It seems he wants to eat between 12:45-1:30 and again around 4. 
When you start solids start at breakfast or lunch and start slowly to avoid tummy trouble.  Maybe once you get solids established he will be able to go longer at night. Do not rush the solids to accomplish this or you may find that you have more trouble. 
Hope this helps.
Myia
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline heidiruthie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • nothing but blue sky
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 22:54:59 pm »
thanks, myia! his 6 month checkup in on monday, so i will discuss solids with the dr. then. he is a very big boy for his age, so i had a niggling that it might really just be that he's super hungry. knowing that he needs it and he isn't just "playing" me makes it easier for me to get up at night and feed him and, yes he does go straight back to sleep after he's eaten.

i will work on keeping his daytimes consistant. thank so much for your help! :)

-heidi
-heidi

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 00:04:57 am »
No problem Heidi.  BTW, I don't think he has the ability to "play" you yet.  I know it feels like it sometimes.  You'll know when he does.  My 18mo just realized that if she tells me she has to potty bedtime is delayed...smart little bugger.
Keep me posted.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]