Author Topic: 4hr. schedule, naps good, why is he waking up in the middle of the night  (Read 600 times)

Offline 2Pam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
My lo is almost 6 months old,  has been a poor napper but is improving.  He also was doing the early morning wakings, this has improved, starting to wake at 6:00ish, but now.  .  he is waking in the middle of the night, usually only once, not due to hunger, this happenend before but it was fixed when I got him on the 4hr.schedule.  I have introduced solids, I don't know if that is the reason.  I can get him back to sleep but re-swaddling and giving him his nuk, I know, I know a prop, but he doesn't need his nuk to fall asleep when I put him to bed.  His middle of the night wakings usually were 3 or 4ish, but last night was at 1:00am.  We also dropped the dreamfeed, first two nights he slept through to 6:00 no problem and doesn't seem that hungry.  

Here is his schedule:
7:00am wake (still wakes at 6:00ish, can get him back to sleep sometimes to 7:00
E 7:00am
A 7:00am - 9:00am (extending this  A time to improve length of naps.
S 9:00am - 10:30 ( nap has been lasting only 1hr. 10ish)
E 11:00am
A 11:00- 12:30 (depends when he wakes up) again try for 2hr. 10min activity
S 12:30-2:00pm (45 min nap came back a few days ago, but extended A time and he went back to 1hr. 30min!)
E 3:00pm -
A 2:00 - 4:15 or 4:30, seems to be able to stay awake longer
S 4:30 catnap 45 min.
A 5:00
E 6:00 dinner solids
7:15 bottle
7:30 sleep
He goes to bed great! I am typing this at 2:40am because although my lo went off to sleep, I can not get back to sleep. :)  This is why I would love to fix this night waking, although it is only once, and he can get back to sleep, I cannot. . . . . please help!  His solids are rice cereal, some veggies.  
Thanks
Pam

Offline magda1461

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two Angels that where sent to me
have you tried wake to sleep about 20mins before he wakes?

DavidsMum

Have you tried putting him to bed earlier?
It may help the EW as well.

I know it sounds silly but he may be overtired and so not sleep overly well.

HTH